300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California's first lady caught parking illegally

Someone hasn't learned. There is someone following her with a telephoto camera 24/7

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_13645185

California's first lady caught parking illegally

Associated Press

Posted: 10/26/2009 02:19:43 PM PDT
    Updated: 10/26/2009 02:19:44 PM PDT

SACRAMENTO— First lady Maria Shriver appears to need a refresher on California traffic laws, based on a video posted today that shows her parking in a red zone.

Two weeks ago, she apologized after the Web site TMZ.com posted photographs and a video of her violating the state's handsfree cell phone law.

On Monday, the Web site posted a video showing her walking toward her Cadillac Escalade, which is clearly parked in a red zone. The site says Shriver parked there nearly an hour while visiting a doctor's office in Santa Monica.

"I regret that I made a mistake. I take responsibility for it," Shriver said in a statement issued through her office.

Santa Monica Police Lt. P.J. Guido said tickets for parking in a red zone, which is reserved for emergency vehicles, can be issued after the fact if there is sufficient evidence of a violation. A citation can bring a $61 fine.

He cautioned that it was not immediately clear from the video when and where the violation occurred.

Guido said Shriver has an official placard to put on her dashboard when she is on government business, although no placard is visible in the TMZ video.

The first lady seems to have learned at least one lesson: The red zone video shows her chatting on her cell phone as she scoots into the Escalade, then putting it down before driving away.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

Perhaps the governor needs to assign a Chippie to follow TMZ around. I wonder how many traffic and parking violations they commit per day.

Or else he could get Maria a driver.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Isn't Anyone Tired of This Crap Yet?

OMG, another celebrity committed a minor infraction of the law, just like the regular folks do every day. Let's call out the National guard, have them shave her head and walk her naked through a mob so they can taunt her.

You know, if this was really that big of a deal to TMZ, their papar***i would have called SMPD and asked for a Parking Control Officer to come out and cite Maria's car, instead waiting to see how long she parked there so they could make a bigger headline out of it.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

She was also caught on her cellphone while driving which is a new law that was passed you can not use your cell phone call or text.. or even have it at hand in that... unless it is an emergency or hazard situation... hazard is being on the phone in itself... hehe

Comment

Originally posted by mpdexplorer View Post
          She was also caught on her cellphone while driving which is a new law that was passed you can not use your cell phone call or text.. or even have it at hand in that... unless it is an emergency or hazard situation... hazard is being on the phone in itself... hehe
          And how have you determined that she was not using the phone at that time to report a hazard or an emergency? Remember where the burder of proof rests.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Infractions are for the little people to obey!
            Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

Oh no! A traffic violation and now a parking violation! What is the world coming to?
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I don't care for her or Arnold but I think its really stupid for the media to make a big deal out of this. Arnold is basically destroying Cali and the media covers a flippin' parking ticket? I can't believe some ppl are so into gossip like this..

I could care less about this, why am I even posting here

Futurelaw

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5093 users online. 289 members and 4804 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X