X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAL
    replied
    Originally posted by mpdexplorer View Post
    I just found out that LAPD Has actually a baseball team.. thats right a baseball team that just plays baseball like real 'pro' ... also funded by tax payer money..
    How do you know that it is taxpayer-funded?

Leave a comment:

• mpdexplorer
    replied
    I just found out that LAPD Has actually a baseball team.. thats right a baseball team that just plays baseball like real 'pro' ... also funded by tax payer money..

Leave a comment:

• montanahogrider
    replied
    Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks of the Movie "Deliverance" after looking at Picture #4?

I'm just saying lol
    Okay I finally brought myself to look at it. That's just wrong right there! It looks like a fat guy getting ready to take it up the ...... yeah that.

Now I can't get that damn song out of my head!!

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    The federal government uses concrete spheres, which are both cheaper and more attractive. Other geometric shapes also would work, and fit in with the architecture. I do not understand why anyone would want abstractions of corpulent animals with amputated legs.

Leave a comment:

• montanahogrider
    replied
    Hmmmm, I have a cool finger painting my Granddaughter did. I wonder if I can sell that to the MHP headquarters for a cool Million? I think it would look fantastic in their entrance way!

Leave a comment:

• Monty Ealerman
    replied
    Looks to me like the overall design is intended to facilitate pedestrian thoroughfare without allowing too many places for people to sit and hang out.

If those lumps weren't there, people would sit on the structures they are emplaced upon, and if no partitioning structures were there, the steps would be wide enough that groups could gather upon them without being said to be impeding traffic.

A more simply functional set of partitions such as iron handrails with seating impediments atop them would have been less expensive, more useful for people who have difficulty climbing steps, and less unpleasant in appearance.

Leave a comment:

• LA Copper
    replied
    I agree, those things are ugly but one good thing about it is that those things are on the side of PAB that face the LA Times building so they get to look at them all day long!

Leave a comment:

• SkepticAlways
    replied
    Looks like art to me.

Leave a comment:

• nogginbuster24
    replied
    weird taste in art?

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    Am I the only one who thinks of the Movie "Deliverance" after looking at Picture #4?

I'm just saying lol

Leave a comment:

• DACP
    replied
    $ 5000,000 for that bull crap, for a few hundred i could have put cinder blocks up topped off with a bowling ball and it would have looked better. Christ Stevie Wonder could have done better with angle iron and a torch.

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
    Statues of crap in front of the LAPD...irony?

J/K
    I was once walking towards the back-door entrance of Parker Center. The Metro (Horse) Mounted Unit was patrolling the area, staging for an event. There were fresh 'pasture pastries' on the sidewalk. I bumped into Cmdr. Dan Koenig, said hello, and asked, "Gee, Sir, isn't that stuff supposed to be produced inside the headquarters building?"

N/K!

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    Statues of crap in front of the LAPD...irony?

J/K

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    I doubt that LAPD had any say in who was commissioned to create these monstrosities. Bratton obviously had no say in the design.

Leave a comment:

• pulicords
    replied
    Originally posted by DAL View Post
    I wonder how much is being kicked back to the (political) "war chests" of the mayor or city council members that backed him? His bio ( http://www.lalouver.com/html/shelton_bio/bio.html ) doesn't mention any connection to LAPD, but I suppose he could be a "technical services" reserve. I also note he has received several NEA (National Endowment for the Arts) grants here: http://www.artnet.com/artist/15436/peter-shelton.html (Our tax dollars "at work"!)
    Last edited by pulicords; 10-26-2009, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5004 users online. 282 members and 4722 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X