X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheKansan
    replied
    Originally posted by montanahogrider View Post
    In the enhanced version you can see that most of the baton strikes are when the subject is not yet handcuffed, and he is not obeying orders. Then the officers get him handcuffed and he is laying face down and one officer clearly strikes the now prone and not resisting subject with the baton. The other officer then stands over the subject preventing any additional strikes. The officer who had been standing in the door obviously does not perceive a threat by this individual as he is seen leaning against the doorway with his legs crossed for a few moments, he really takes very little part in the arrest except for his being the one who handcuffs the subject. All in all, not a good video for the officer's involved regardless of the necessity of the baton strikes. The last baton strike was clearly inappropriate.
    First of all, I can't see anything from that video. Hell quite a bit of the video is obscured by a thumb.

I couldn't even see the suspect's head in any of the camera views. I watched it twice and did not see anything that is useful. Also what lead up to the suspect even being in that situation? The police did not just walk in there and start beating him with batons.

Leave a comment:

• cobracat
    replied
    "Probed" is used by newspapers because "Investigated" rarely fits in a headline.

Leave a comment:

• montanahogrider
    replied
    In the enhanced version you can see that most of the baton strikes are when the subject is not yet handcuffed, and he is not obeying orders. Then the officers get him handcuffed and he is laying face down and one officer clearly strikes the now prone and not resisting subject with the baton. The other officer then stands over the subject preventing any additional strikes. The officer who had been standing in the door obviously does not perceive a threat by this individual as he is seen leaning against the doorway with his legs crossed for a few moments, he really takes very little part in the arrest except for his being the one who handcuffs the subject. All in all, not a good video for the officer's involved regardless of the necessity of the baton strikes. The last baton strike was clearly inappropriate.

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied
    I couldn't really see anything. And funny video DACP!
    Last edited by az4code23; 10-27-2009, 02:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• deputy x 2
    replied
    So SJPD is called to an physical altercation, where HO brandished a steak knife (weapon) and stated "that in his home country he would have killed Suftin for doing what he did."

So far thats PC242, PC417 and PC422. (assault, brandishing and threats..with the means and capability of carrying out the threat.)

HO ignores the order to stand still and FOLLOWS the officer into the room. The other officer follows HO into the narrow hallway / room and attempts to handcuff him. He resists and enough force is used to take him into custody.

Once he is handcuffed, he is NOT helpless. He can still kick. Once he is under control, then you can't hit him.

Baton strikes in cramped quarters can lead to strikes on areas not intended. I have gotten hit in the face with a baton, clearly NOT the intended target. (Or I should hope not).

Was HO searched prior??? If not then it is unknown if he had a weapon or not.

"In philosophy, they call it 'dehumanization,"' Ho told the Mercury News. Using those words, it is clear that HO understands the English language perfectly.

With that...this is America, not your home country...follow simple directions or go back to your country.

The video isn't clear..and the officers are now in an IA. Hopefully they won't get thrown under the bus for political reasons.

I say good hook!
    Last edited by deputy x 2; 10-27-2009, 02:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• baycop72
    replied
    Thanks for sharing this video. I do not see a good outcome for the Officers or their department. Prosecutors are head hunting after a similar case of a shooting of an unarmed handcuffed man by Bart Police in the East Bay in California.

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    DACP

That is Perfect LMAO- that is too funny

Leave a comment:

• DACP
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    I am curious here. He goes to school in America-yet he does not understand a verbal command in English? Kind of like Sosa in-front of Congress.

Lets see here, Don't stick a knife at your roommate and tell him in his country he would kill him for that. 2nd the men with the badges, gun and cuffs ask you to stand still-guess what? You stand still. WTF is so hard with that?

That video- what was I watching? The floor could be scrubbed, thats it. I didn't "hear" any racial slurs, or derogatory remarks. It's is called resisting arrest. If you don't resist chances are your not getting hit in the head.

This is just Joe Citizen theory.

Leave a comment:

• SCV-Sop
    replied
    At most I see his feet on the ground, but I don't know what else is going on.

That's pretty weak if that's the foundation of the charges

Leave a comment:

• Bully
    replied
    Originally posted by equinox137 View Post
    I hate that word...."probed". Who else but the media uses that word?
    Last time I checked, aliens "probe" while investigators investigate. Maybe we should create a new police position called "Prober". That would look cool on a badge.

Now in all seriousness, I couldn't see anything conclusive on the video either. The guy in the hallway made a better door than a window. I hate when retired brass jumps on these cases and throws out all their training and experience to side with the turd.

On the bright side, maybe another riot will break out in LA because of it. In this economy, I can use the money.

Leave a comment:

• SOI
    replied
    Wow, I'm sure glad the former lieutenant is from Krypton and has telescopic vision because my better than 20/20 vision couldn't see anything.

Leave a comment:

• sweetcynic
    replied
    Video is here, but I couldn't really see much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PikVkr3GvJ4

Leave a comment:

• SOI
    replied
    The final baton strike in last month's incident appears to take place after handcuffs have been attached to Ho's wrists.
    It APPEARS to have taken place after he was cuffed. But then.........

Police experts said the grainy, shaky video is difficult to view
    Huhm?

The last baton strike ought to bring a felony charge, said Roger Clark, a police expert and a retired lieutenant with the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department.
    I'm sure glad this guy felt it necessary to weigh in his opinion as alleged "expert" without any evidence, based on a grainy shaky cell phone video. I guess he has to do something to make him seem important. Damn attention whore.

"It takes me back to the day I saw the Rodney King video on TV,"
    So it takes you back to a time when a violent drug using alcoholic criminal committed multiple felonies, resisted arrest, and had the necessary amount of less lethal force used against him to affect the arrest?

Leave a comment:

• MCAPO
    replied
    Originally posted by TK5 View Post
    Certainly not, but maybe they should rethink what they're doing if a couple officers can't control someone they already managed to cuff.
    you working for detention should know that it's not always going to be a one on one situation to better control a subject; even if they're in restraints.
    From what I've seen in detention above all, is a dog pile style in numbers to better subdue and secure the subject; rather than giving the restrained person time to think about what they are going to do next.

As for the article, we only get the information from one-sided and that was the actual person arrested. At first, I was thinking....Vietnamese guy.......what the heck...they usually weigh a hundred pounds wet But than I read 200 lbs.....not as small as I thought. There has got to be a lot of resistance from this guy or something went South real quick.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5424 users online. 355 members and 5069 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X