Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing this video. I do not see a good outcome for the Officers or their department. Prosecutors are head hunting after a similar case of a shooting of an unarmed handcuffed man by Bart Police in the East Bay in California.

Comment

So SJPD is called to an physical altercation, where HO brandished a steak knife (weapon) and stated "that in his home country he would have killed Suftin for doing what he did."

So far thats PC242, PC417 and PC422. (assault, brandishing and threats..with the means and capability of carrying out the threat.)

HO ignores the order to stand still and FOLLOWS the officer into the room. The other officer follows HO into the narrow hallway / room and attempts to handcuff him. He resists and enough force is used to take him into custody.

Once he is handcuffed, he is NOT helpless. He can still kick. Once he is under control, then you can't hit him.

Baton strikes in cramped quarters can lead to strikes on areas not intended. I have gotten hit in the face with a baton, clearly NOT the intended target. (Or I should hope not).

Was HO searched prior??? If not then it is unknown if he had a weapon or not.

"In philosophy, they call it 'dehumanization,"' Ho told the Mercury News. Using those words, it is clear that HO understands the English language perfectly.

With that...this is America, not your home country...follow simple directions or go back to your country.

The video isn't clear..and the officers are now in an IA. Hopefully they won't get thrown under the bus for political reasons.

I say good hook!
      Last edited by deputy x 2; 10-27-2009, 02:43 PM.
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I couldn't really see anything. And funny video DACP!
        Last edited by az4code23; 10-27-2009, 02:56 PM.
        "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

In the enhanced version you can see that most of the baton strikes are when the subject is not yet handcuffed, and he is not obeying orders. Then the officers get him handcuffed and he is laying face down and one officer clearly strikes the now prone and not resisting subject with the baton. The other officer then stands over the subject preventing any additional strikes. The officer who had been standing in the door obviously does not perceive a threat by this individual as he is seen leaning against the doorway with his legs crossed for a few moments, he really takes very little part in the arrest except for his being the one who handcuffs the subject. All in all, not a good video for the officer's involved regardless of the necessity of the baton strikes. The last baton strike was clearly inappropriate.

Comment

"Probed" is used by newspapers because "Investigated" rarely fits in a headline.

Comment

Originally posted by montanahogrider View Post
              In the enhanced version you can see that most of the baton strikes are when the subject is not yet handcuffed, and he is not obeying orders. Then the officers get him handcuffed and he is laying face down and one officer clearly strikes the now prone and not resisting subject with the baton. The other officer then stands over the subject preventing any additional strikes. The officer who had been standing in the door obviously does not perceive a threat by this individual as he is seen leaning against the doorway with his legs crossed for a few moments, he really takes very little part in the arrest except for his being the one who handcuffs the subject. All in all, not a good video for the officer's involved regardless of the necessity of the baton strikes. The last baton strike was clearly inappropriate.
              First of all, I can't see anything from that video. Hell quite a bit of the video is obscured by a thumb.

I couldn't even see the suspect's head in any of the camera views. I watched it twice and did not see anything that is useful. Also what lead up to the suspect even being in that situation? The police did not just walk in there and start beating him with batons.
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3251 users online. 174 members and 3077 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X