Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You think you've had a slow day on patrol? You ain't seen nothing.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You think you've had a slow day on patrol? You ain't seen nothing.

At least you don't work here.

The only activity to report: Burglary of a half-gallon ice cream container.

Yikes.

Click the link to see it on the county's website. I swear I'm not making it up.

From: http://www.storycounty.com/index.asp...,6,1,Documents

Daily News Release
    Activities:

On 10/20/09 Gary Gordon of Nevada, IA reported a burglary. Gordon indicated an unknown party entered his residence and took a half gallon of ice cream from the freezer. The loss was estimated at $5.00. Investigation is continuing.
    I know I share some stupid crap on here, but seriously, wtf?

Investigation is continuing

Comment

This ranks up there with a story my friend told me about people breaking into his dads old house, and only eating the Chinese food.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
        This ranks up there with a story my friend told me about people breaking into his dads old house, and only eating the Chinese food.
        Would've gone bad if they left in there...come on!
        "Inside me is something that is too stupid to quit. I don't know where it comes from or why it is, but it is there and always has been."

Comment

Originally posted by marcusindc View Post

I've had slower nights...
          All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

Story County seems to be in need of some stories.

I bet you could find some counties even in California where there are no arrests and no crime reports on some days.
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
              Story County seems to be in need of some stories.

I bet you could find some counties even in California where there are no arrests and no crime reports on some days.
              I might add that Story County is the jurdiction of Iowa State University

That must have been an unusually slow night.

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
              People watch too much TV to call the cops for something like that. Probably wanted CSI out there.
              It's a largely rural county............ I guess it really doesn't matter what was stolen--the burglary report was valid.
              Last edited by Iowa #1603; 10-24-2009, 04:40 AM.
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Did they break in again two hours later?
                I miss you, Dave.
                http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

People watch too much TV to call the cops for something like that. Probably wanted CSI out there.

Comment

i would consider that an action packed night. i been on the job for 2 months, the closest iv come to an arrest was kicking a homeless guy off federal property....

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                      I don't remember the rest of the story, there might not have been one. All I know is someone(or more) broke into this guys house, and only ate his Chinese food.

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                        I don't remember the rest of the story, there might not have been one. All I know is someone(or more) broke into this guys house, and only ate his Chinese food.
                        Cruiser,it obviously went over the youngsters head,but I thought it was funny as hell.
                        Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by marcusindc View Post

Yikes.

Click the link to see it on the county's website. I swear I'm not making it up.

From: http://www.storycounty.com/index.asp...,6,1,Documents

I know I share some stupid crap on here, but seriously, wtf?

Code 11

Comment

Having worked on an island with mostly tourists in the summer, I have literally been an entire month w/out a call for service in the dead of winter. One can become extremely inventive while passing twelve hours of time. On the plus side, when you did have a crime, it got the UPMOST attention
                            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Seven
                              So which is the slower area?

1. The county with one report of an ice cream burglary, or

2. The jurisdiction with the officer looking online for slow areas

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6108 users online. 344 members and 5764 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X