300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man pleads guilty to DWI in motorized La-Z-Boy

A Minnesota man has pleaded guilty to driving his motorized La-Z-Boy chair while drunk. A criminal complaint says 62-year-old Dennis LeRoy Anderson told police he left a bar in the northern Minnesota town of Proctor on his chair after drinking eight or nine beers.

Prosecutors say Anderson's blood alcohol content was 0.29, more than three times the legal limit, when he crashed into a parked vehicle in August 2008. He was not seriously injured.

Police said the chair was powered by a converted lawnmower and had a stereo and cup holders.

Sixth Judicial District Judge Heather Sweetland stayed 180 days of jail time Monday and ordered two years of probation for Anderson. His attorney, David Keegan, did not immediately return a call for comment.
    I don't know why, but the fact his middle name was "LeRoy" just made me chuckle a little.

hahah amazing. Where the heck do you find these articles marcus?

Futurelaw

Comment

Originally posted by Futurelaw89 View Post
      hahah amazing. Where the heck do you find these articles marcus?

Futurelaw
      There's a handful of sites I check out daily and they always seem the crazyness. I'm just happy to share.

Comment

pic of suspect -

Comment

I'd pull him over just to impound the chair.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
            I'd pull him over just to impound the chair.
            HA!

I wonder why his mechanical engineering intelligence used to create this chair was higher than his use of common sense not drink and ride.

Comment

so what's the top speed on that sucker?

Comment

Sorry to sound like a criminal coddler here, but I happen to think that these cases are blown out of proportion. DUI is, to me, a serious offense because of the damage that could be inflicted if in one were to get in an accident. So all of these DUI charges for riding a bike, lawnmower, motorized chair seem too overboard. Whats next, DUI for a wino coasting on his shopping cart? Skateboard? Roller skates?
                Last edited by bigislander72; 10-25-2009, 04:01 AM.

Comment

He has to score top marks for ingenuity. I don't sympathise with his plight though. P155y drivers get all they deserve.
                  If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence of your attempt.

Comment

I see a design flaw, a sudden stop could do some serious damage to the family heirlooms.

Comment

Interesting statistic.

You are 6 times more likely to be killed or injured walking home drunk than you are driving home drunk.

Heard that last night on Freakanomics
                      Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by bigislander72 View Post
                        Sorry to sound like a criminal coddler here, but I happen to think that these cases are blown out of proportion. DUI is, to me, a serious offense because of the damage that could be inflicted if in one were to get in an accident. So all of these DUI charges for riding a bike, lawnmower, motorized chair seem too overboard. Whats next, DUI for a wino coasting on his shopping cart? Skateboard? Roller skates?
                        Nope, it has to be powered by an engine or motor.

Comment

Originally posted by TS6034 View Post
                          Nope, it has to be powered by an engine or motor.
                          Well what about the bicycle DUIs? Or is it a lesser offense? Would the kinds with the little electric motor qualify?

Comment

Originally posted by bigislander72 View Post
                            Well what about the bicycle DUIs? Or is it a lesser offense? Would the kinds with the little electric motor qualify?
                            Up here it does!
                            #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                            Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                            RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                            Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                            "Smile" - no!

Comment

Here it is on EBAY!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:en

I can't believe how much it is going for!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6335 users online. 317 members and 6018 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X