300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Visibility Clothing

This will not be an exciting topic like SWAT teams or shooting somebody breaking into your house, but it is still important. I am just wondering what opinions are out here on what is the most visible clothing? I am old school and grew up deer hunting when the regulation was bright red clothing. A bit later it was suggested that blaze orange is the best for hunting. I now see bright lime green on DOT workers, but yet some places still have orange. Yet others are a combination of orange and green? Anyway, what is the most visible? Is it bright lime green or blaze orange? Or isn't it that simple? I thought I read somewhere recently that blaze orange shows up better near vegetation, but lime green is better other places. I also read something about orange for vehicles and lime green for workers. What do you guys think?

Whatever had the reflective material on it. Are we talking for hunting or for police out on roadsides?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
      This will not be an exciting topic like SWAT teams or shooting somebody breaking into your house, but it is still important. I am just wondering what opinions are out here on what is the most visible clothing? I am old school and grew up deer hunting when the regulation was bright red clothing. A bit later it was suggested that blaze orange is the best for hunting. I now see bright lime green on DOT workers, but yet some places still have orange. Yet others are a combination of orange and green? Anyway, what is the most visible? Is it bright lime green or blaze orange? Or isn't it that simple? I thought I read somewhere recently that blaze orange shows up better near vegetation, but lime green is better other places. I also read something about orange for vehicles and lime green for workers. What do you guys think?
      The lime has been found to draw the eye better. Its just more expensive to use.

Orange is used in construction because its a MUTCD standard and everyone knows they orange on the highway that means construction.

Comment

Look up ANSI class 1,2, and 3 it might give you some insight as to why green and orange are the colors used.
        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

I would like to see the stats that show lives saved by high visibility clothing. if you ask me it just makes it easier to find the body of the person or god forbid the officer that got hit while wearing it.

" There's no such thing as an accident"
          POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDAR

Comment

Around here some officers feel invinsible when wearing their lime green traffic vests and step right out in the path of cars going 20+ mph on a 40mph road right after a blind curve!

Comment

Just bought a few of these, one for inside my personal car and one to wear when out doing traffic on my belt in the back.

http://survivalchoices.com/pro611302.html

Comment

Most of European police forces and road workers use lime-green high-vis vests.

Haven't really seen orange ones worn on police officers exept british, but they only have 1 part orange and most of it still lime-green
                "Every morning you are handed 24 golden hours. They are one of the few things in this world that you get free of charge. If you had all the money in the world, you couldn't buy an extra hour. What will you do with this priceless treasure? Remember, you must use it, as it is given only once. Once wasted you cannot get it back." -Anonymous

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6100 users online. 364 members and 5736 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X