300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The next biggest fraud scheme.......

OK, I'll leave my politics about the heath care issue out of it. However, should it become LAW that EVERYONE has to CARRY heath insurance, and should there be a FINANCIAL penalty to breaking that law, or any sort of adverse outcome to such here is what is going to happen that's going to broadside law enforcement:

Millions of uninsured and low income lower education people are going to get scammed into sending someone $20 (or whatever amount that is) on the basis that fee is purchasing some sort of minimal insurance which complies with the law (there of course will be no such legitimate service behind it).

I saw it coming with folks being taken advantage with credit problems (mortgage refinance and such) and now this heath care thing is much easier to execute in terms of a scam given the nature of the impression folks HAVE to have SOMETHING or they are breaking the law.

I can't be the ONLY one that sees this coming.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

Sorry, please ignore post.

I will be ceasing my pursuit for a LEO career. I've entered into a new business venture.

- Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

Originally posted by Code Seven
      Health insurance is highly regulated. Sure, you can open up your own fake insurance company, but it probably won't last very long. Opening up a mortgage modification business, however, is a whole different issue.
      I'm sure the government will do a great job protecting the taxpayers from fraud in the mortgage industry, just look how well we were covered through the Freddie Mac and Fannie May programs!
      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Oh, there can be no doubt that the Obama Administration is way ahead of the curve on this issue. Just look at the talent the President has at his disposal. Janet Napolitano at DHS. Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, Timmy (I don't understand the tax system) Geithner at Treasury, and when all else fails he can call on Orprah Winfrey. To the OP. You're 100% correct. The scam you reference is coming. The bigger one, Obamacare, is already in the works.

Comment

There were a few frauds I observed, and one specifically was targeted at me as a CA property owner.

Here in CA as some may know when property values go down the tax basis for properties is also adjusted downward. What’s NOT commonly known is this adjustment is AUTOMATIC by LAW by the county tax assessor.

Here’s the scam. I got a letter (and didn’t respond of course because I know better) to pay $90 for a company to submit the paperwork to have my property taxes reassessed. The scam is I don’t NEED to do ANYTHING and I don’t NEED to pay ANYONE and my taxes will be reassessed.

I ended up getting a $1300 refund from my escrow company for overpayment of taxes without any action on my part.

WHAT A PERFECT SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!! As long as the victim is ignorant of the law and the taxes automatically resets they perceive a service was rendered for the $90 they paid.

The reason I bring up heath care is because it is fresh and new. 99% of Americans will be oblivious to the requirements being placed upon us by the government regarding heath insurance.

We are all well in tune what our insurance obligations are regarding autos. However, it isn’t against the law to NOT have auto insurance (only to DRIVE without it).

Trying to scam new drivers of a system that is well established in regard to auto insurance is a little different than trying to scam a instantaneously new population of millions of people that would be required by law and uncertain of everything about the new law make them perfect base to which to try and scam.

If it became law to have heath insurance one’s existence as a human being would make it illegal to live as a human being without it. The media hype about it and the coverage and scare tactics being used politically while fighting this legislation are priming the victims for scammers to pillage.

The whole newness and uncertainty around this are the fuel that allow these scams to work. Yes, it will eventually peter out, but not without its victims. The bigger the penalty it is to not have insurance the more scammers can seek from victims.

It doesn't need to last a long time. Target millions, scam thousands and then dissapear.

It’s coming.

This is personally frustrating for me. I guess it’s like enforcing traffic laws for those who are hardcore traffic guys. Officers will ALWAYS ONLY be able to get a slim fraction of it.

- Cornelius Tacitus

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3378 users online. 169 members and 3209 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X