Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil Wayne pleads guilty to attempted gun possession

AP

NEW YORK - The Grammy-winning rapper Lil Wayne has pleaded guilty to attempted weapon possession, and expects to receive a one-year jail sentence.

He previously had pleaded not guilty to illegal gun possession charges that carried at least 31/2 years in prison upon conviction.

Police said a gun was found on his tour bus in Manhattan in 2007.

The rapper, born Dwayne Carter, won last year's best rap solo performance Grammy for "A Milli." His albums include "Tha Carter," "Tha Carter II" and "Tha Carter III."

His trial had been due to start Jan. 20.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

I will never understand these Millionaires. You are not "Gangsta" You live in a Million dollar home, behind a Gate. If you are concerned for your safety, Hire Security. If you are concerned about where your going, Don't go there.

WTF? I am so Tired of These Idiots. Bye Bye Idiot.

PS,
    Your Music Sucks, and you will be Surrounded by "Gangstas"

Enjoy the Extortion-Freaking Idiot.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

He can experience the true gangsta life style.

Unfortunately for him, gangsta rap is losing its appeal. How sad.

Comment

What an idiot.......

Thats what happens if you want to carry a gun.....

Comment

Unfortunately serving time is what these knuckleheads believe gives them street cred, which in return generates record sales. Look at Martha Stewart...gangsta!

Comment

What an idiot........
            'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

His mother and close friend are preparing statements to the effect of.....

He's a nice boy with a good heart. He always did well in school and had lots of friends. He once jumped in front of a moving car to save a little lost puppy. We don't know why the police are harrassing him with this because he has always held police in the highest regard. His worst crime is loving everyone in the world....amen

This will be accompanied by a picture of him when he was 5 years old eating a popsicle.
              Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                AP

NEW YORK - The Grammy-winning rapper Lil Wayne has pleaded guilty to attempted weapon possession, and expects to receive a one-year jail sentence.

He previously had pleaded not guilty to illegal gun possession charges that carried at least 31/2 years in prison upon conviction.

Police said a gun was found on his tour bus in Manhattan in 2007.

The rapper, born Dwayne Carter, won last year's best rap solo performance Grammy for "A Milli." His albums include "Tha Carter," "Tha Carter II" and "Tha Carter III."

His trial had been due to start Jan. 20.

OMG THIS IS AWESOME!

Thank the Lord there is still SOME justice in this world. For a minute there, I was beginning to think that rappers could get away with whatever they wanted.

**** Lil' Wayne. **** him, **** him, **** him. I hope he gets raped in jail beyond no remorse, I hope he loses all his fans, I hope that garbage he calls MUSIC just crumbles to pieces around him, and I hope one day he ends up on the street.

What world do we live in when pieces of trash like this can become millionaires for singing stupid songs like "A Milli"? HE JUST SAID THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

A MILLLI
                A MILLI
                A MILLI
                A MILLI
                A MILLI!!!!

Ok, where's my million dollars, please?

All the while all us hard working people just barely scrape by and when we turn on the radio we're forced to listen to his crap? BS.

Don't get me wrong, I like my share of rap, but I listen to good artists, groups people have probably never heard of, like Randam Luck, Tech N9ne, and rock-rap groups like (hed) P.E., Hollywood Undead, etc, etc.

**** lil' wayne. **** him. Get raped bitch.

Comment

Oh no T.I. part 2. Yall are soo harsh damn! aside from his "street cred" as some of you put it, IMO Lil wayne is a lyrical genious. He's not what I would consider a gangster rapper, that died in the early 90's.
                  "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Lil Wayne is a loser. He drank too much cough syrup and now sounds like a dog trying to cough it up when it barks.

Comment

Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
                      Oh no T.I. part 2. Yall are soo harsh damn! aside from his "street cred" as some of you put it, IMO Lil wayne is a lyrical genious. He's not what I would consider a gangster rapper, that died in the early 90's.
                      +1

Comment

Originally posted by StylesBeyond View Post
                        OMG THIS IS AWESOME!

Thank the Lord there is still SOME justice in this world. For a minute there, I was beginning to think that rappers could get away with whatever they wanted.

**** Lil' Wayne. **** him, **** him, **** him. I hope he gets raped in jail beyond no remorse, I hope he loses all his fans, I hope that garbage he calls MUSIC just crumbles to pieces around him, and I hope one day he ends up on the street.

What world do we live in when pieces of trash like this can become millionaires for singing stupid songs like "A Milli"? HE JUST SAID THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

A MILLLI
                        A MILLI
                        A MILLI
                        A MILLI
                        A MILLI!!!!

Ok, where's my million dollars, please?

All the while all us hard working people just barely scrape by and when we turn on the radio we're forced to listen to his crap? BS.

Don't get me wrong, I like my share of rap, but I listen to good artists, groups people have probably never heard of, like Randam Luck, Tech N9ne, and rock-rap groups like (hed) P.E., Hollywood Undead, etc, etc.

**** lil' wayne. **** him. Get raped bitch.
                        Tell us how you really feel
                        Last edited by brn2reign; 10-22-2009, 04:06 PM.
                        Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
                        Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

because he was in NY
                          Bingo. NY does not play that game. Ask Plaxeco Buress how that's going for him.
                          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by shelbyfan
                            why is it illegal? because he was in NY in almost every state in the union it would be legal to possess a gun in his tour bus....
                            Are you sure it is legal in every state? And, under the circumstances, is he someone who should be allowed to carry a gun?

Wayne told CBS Evening News anchor Katie Couric on her All Access Grammy Special in 2009 that he enjoys smoking marijuana recreationally. He also stated that he is "not addicted" to drinking purple drank, which refers to codeine cough syrup, any longer. He has been arrested for use or possession of marijuana and other drugs.

In the latter half of 2007, Lil Wayne was arrested twice. On July 22, 2007, Lil Wayne was arrested in New York City following a performance at the Beacon Theatre; the New York City Police Department discovered Lil Wayne and another man smoking marijuana near a tour bus. After taking Lil Wayne into custody, police discovered a pistol on his person, and he was charged with criminal possession of a weapon and marijuana. Another arrest was on October 5, 2007, following a performance at Qwest Arena in Boise, Idaho, on felony fugitive charges after Georgia authorities accused the rapper of possessing a controlled substance. The incident was later described as a "mix-up" and the fugitive charges were dropped.

On January 23, 2008, Lil Wayne was arrested alongside two others. His tour bus was stopped by Border Patrol agents near Yuma, Arizona. A K-9 Unit recovered 105 grams of marijuana (3.7 ounces), almost 29 grams of cocaine (1.02 ounces), 41 grams of MDMA (1.4 ounces) and $22,000 in cash. Lil Wayne was charged with four felonies: possession of narcotic drug for sale, possession of dangerous drugs, misconduct involving weapons and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was granted permission to travel outside of the state and remain out of custody on the $10,185 bond he posted. On May 6, 2008, Wayne returned to court in Arizona to plead not guilty to the charges.

In February 2009, production company RMF Productions filed a $1.3 million lawsuit against Wayne, following a $100,000 advance payment for three shows, all of which were cancelled by the artist.
                            Last edited by DAL; 10-22-2009, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Good, I have never heard of attempted gun possession; but good.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4842 users online. 253 members and 4589 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X