X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlmostaLEO
    replied
    Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
    I'm not finding any fault with the uniformed officer in the video. He did the job he's supposed to do. The undercover and/or off-duty officer (offender) did everything wrong.

Any officer, actually any person, should know not to snatch away the license and later run off as the stopped individual did. I think he brought everything on himself.

I was stopped about two months ago for what the officer called improper passing. I don't think it was personally but I listened patiently, identified myself appropriately, and the officer walked away with a mutual exchange of "be safe." No harm. No foul. Now, if I had argued with him or done anything else foolish then I'm sure there would have been another result.
    +1. He brought it on himself.... I get stopped a lot for my heavy foot. 90% of the time I am let go with either a written or verbal warning simply because I am as professional as I can get with the officer. Get as far off the road as possible, dome light on, engine off, both hands on wheel, yes/no sir. I never ask why I'm being stopped. I know I'm speeding. When asked if I know why my reply is usually yes sir, 77 in a 55 (example). Point is the off duty should have known better. Totally his fault. The Trooper was professional to the T.

Leave a comment:

• ArkansasFan24
    replied
    I'm not finding any fault with the uniformed officer in the video. He did the job he's supposed to do. The undercover and/or off-duty officer (offender) did everything wrong.

Any officer, actually any person, should know not to snatch away the license and later run off as the stopped individual did. I think he brought everything on himself.

I was stopped about two months ago for what the officer called improper passing. I don't think it was personally but I listened patiently, identified myself appropriately, and the officer walked away with a mutual exchange of "be safe." No harm. No foul. Now, if I had argued with him or done anything else foolish then I'm sure there would have been another result.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Just to clear up some misconceptions.

1. The FHP or any of its troopers were not involved. The gentleman who did the stop was an ORANGE COUNTY (FL) DEPUTY SHERIFF.

2. The person stopped was not an off duty deputy. He was a police major with Metro-Dade (now Miami-Dade) police department.

This was posted a year ago.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95923

Leave a comment:

• velobard
    replied
    Originally posted by Nobody View Post
    thats the point - a fanny pack may "conceal" the weapon, but you might as well just carry it on a lanyard around your neck while wearing a POLICE t-shirt... does anyone NOT know a fanny pack = gun?
    Among non-LEO's, yeah, a lot. It just doesn't come to mind. I use a Tommy's Gun Pack sometimes, like when I go jogging or on rare occasion for a quick trip to the store if I don't have a holster on. I haven't come up with a better solution for when I go running.

Leave a comment:

• VChopefull
    replied
    Originally posted by AlmostaLEO View Post
    If I recall correctly he said his weapon was in it. He didn't say exactly but when asked where his gun was he pointed to it and said right here. What a strange place for an off duty to keep a weapon or bug.

Are you serious...? There are thousands of LEO's that carry their weapons in their fanny packs. They make fanny packs just for that actually.

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
    thats the point - a fanny pack may "conceal" the weapon, but you might as well just carry it on a lanyard around your neck while wearing a POLICE t-shirt... does anyone NOT know a fanny pack = gun?
    +1

I will never carry my weapon there is screams "I'm a cop" and not to mention looks sooooooo DORKY!

Leave a comment:

• Nobody
    replied
    http://forums.officer.com/forums/
    Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 03:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jenners
    replied
    I see a guy with a fanny pack, I'm going to assume a gun is in there. I've seen packs sold specifically to carry a concealed weapon, and seen them use in person for the sam reason. I don't understand the shock...?

Leave a comment:

• AlmostaLEO
    replied
    Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
    Yea, I would have kept it holstered.
    Or at least in the small of my back. A fanny pack.......

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    Did anyone notice he had a fanny pack!
    LOL- I did. I was under the assumption this video was from the 80's lol

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied
    Originally posted by AlmostaLEO View Post
    If I recall correctly he said his weapon was in it. He didn't say exactly but when asked where his gun was he pointed to it and said right here. What a strange place for an off duty to keep a weapon or bug.
    Yea, I would have kept it holstered.

Leave a comment:

• AlmostaLEO
    replied
    Originally posted by az4code23 View Post

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied

Leave a comment:

• willbird
    replied
    Originally posted by leesrt View Post
    You know what, I don't care what the motives were of the on duty cop, he handled himself well and at no time gave any indication that this was personal.

The off duty cop was a jack ass and I would have written him every ticket I could muster. If he wanted out of the tickets we could sit in front of his Sheriff and review the video and see what he says. I don't care what the reason was for the stop, you do what the officer says and roll with it like a professional. You can verbalize that your an off duty or under cover officer and be polite.

I really respect that reply, I have always said that roadside interactions should be a contest in professionalism, with each party trying to outdo the other, if there is an issue settle it later with his/her boss....and settle it for good with at least audio recordings to back up your side of the story.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied
    The off-duty deputy should have accepted the citation; and if all means necessary follow up with the citation in court; and or if he believed there were discrepancies contact the arresting officer supervisor. Two men, both showing authoritative power and too much testosterone, escalated into an incident that could have been avoided.

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    Thats an old video. I wonder how it all ended?

I am not agreeing with the Trooper, but If I was the Off Duty, and knowing the sh-- that the Trooper Deals with; I would have been more polite in the beginning. It may have been avoided. Even if he didn't feel he did anything wrong.

It escalated to a testosterone pis-ing match.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3039 users online. 203 members and 2836 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X