Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
    Did anyone notice he had a fanny pack!
    If I recall correctly he said his weapon was in it. He didn't say exactly but when asked where his gun was he pointed to it and said right here. What a strange place for an off duty to keep a weapon or bug.
    Sworn on September 22, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by AlmostaLEO View Post
      If I recall correctly he said his weapon was in it. He didn't say exactly but when asked where his gun was he pointed to it and said right here. What a strange place for an off duty to keep a weapon or bug.
      Yea, I would have kept it holstered.
      "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Did anyone notice he had a fanny pack!
        LOL- I did. I was under the assumption this video was from the 80's lol
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
          Yea, I would have kept it holstered.
          Or at least in the small of my back. A fanny pack.......

Comment

I see a guy with a fanny pack, I'm going to assume a gun is in there. I've seen packs sold specifically to carry a concealed weapon, and seen them use in person for the sam reason. I don't understand the shock...?

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/
              Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlmostaLEO View Post

Are you serious...? There are thousands of LEO's that carry their weapons in their fanny packs. They make fanny packs just for that actually.

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                thats the point - a fanny pack may "conceal" the weapon, but you might as well just carry it on a lanyard around your neck while wearing a POLICE t-shirt... does anyone NOT know a fanny pack = gun?
                +1

I will never carry my weapon there is screams "I'm a cop" and not to mention looks sooooooo DORKY!

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
                  thats the point - a fanny pack may "conceal" the weapon, but you might as well just carry it on a lanyard around your neck while wearing a POLICE t-shirt... does anyone NOT know a fanny pack = gun?
                  Among non-LEO's, yeah, a lot. It just doesn't come to mind. I use a Tommy's Gun Pack sometimes, like when I go jogging or on rare occasion for a quick trip to the store if I don't have a holster on. I haven't come up with a better solution for when I go running.

Comment

Just to clear up some misconceptions.

1. The FHP or any of its troopers were not involved. The gentleman who did the stop was an ORANGE COUNTY (FL) DEPUTY SHERIFF.

2. The person stopped was not an off duty deputy. He was a police major with Metro-Dade (now Miami-Dade) police department.

This was posted a year ago.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95923
                    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I'm not finding any fault with the uniformed officer in the video. He did the job he's supposed to do. The undercover and/or off-duty officer (offender) did everything wrong.

Any officer, actually any person, should know not to snatch away the license and later run off as the stopped individual did. I think he brought everything on himself.

I was stopped about two months ago for what the officer called improper passing. I don't think it was personally but I listened patiently, identified myself appropriately, and the officer walked away with a mutual exchange of "be safe." No harm. No foul. Now, if I had argued with him or done anything else foolish then I'm sure there would have been another result.

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                        I'm not finding any fault with the uniformed officer in the video. He did the job he's supposed to do. The undercover and/or off-duty officer (offender) did everything wrong.

Any officer, actually any person, should know not to snatch away the license and later run off as the stopped individual did. I think he brought everything on himself.

I was stopped about two months ago for what the officer called improper passing. I don't think it was personally but I listened patiently, identified myself appropriately, and the officer walked away with a mutual exchange of "be safe." No harm. No foul. Now, if I had argued with him or done anything else foolish then I'm sure there would have been another result.
                        +1. He brought it on himself.... I get stopped a lot for my heavy foot. 90% of the time I am let go with either a written or verbal warning simply because I am as professional as I can get with the officer. Get as far off the road as possible, dome light on, engine off, both hands on wheel, yes/no sir. I never ask why I'm being stopped. I know I'm speeding. When asked if I know why my reply is usually yes sir, 77 in a 55 (example). Point is the off duty should have known better. Totally his fault. The Trooper was professional to the T.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2883 users online. 191 members and 2692 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X