300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened here?

This is the first time I've seen this video and I was just stunned, for two main reasons.

(1) Why would a police officer continue to question an off duty police officer in a minor traffic stop, even after the off duty cop has identified himself and works in a neighboring precinct?

(2) Why would the off duty cop argue and fight with the cop pulling him over? He obviously knows the law and had he just remained calm I'm sure the situation would of been avoided.

But I got the feeling that the on duty cop was going to cite the off duty cop no matter what.

The whole situation seems absurd to me.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrRdIeK9xoc

Trooper handle the stop very well. Just because someone says they are an Officer doesn't mean they are. The undercover handled this **** poor.

Comment

As a side note, that was the Orange County Sheriff, not Highway Patrol, and as such, it was in Orange County, not in Miami as it says, and (as the man even says himself and they caption as he says it) he's a deputy sheriff, not a city policeman as the narrator says. Not that it changes the content of the post at all, but the inaccuracies in the video are just astounding.

Another thing, my heart starts racing and I cringe when I hear them call for a Signal 44. For them its just a routine back-up, but for us in the city its an emergency back up. Imagine the confusion when we have units on each others channels...

"Give me my f***ing license bitch!"
      Last edited by OrlandoExp103; 10-22-2009, 02:49 AM.
      When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

The off duty deputy really did handle this poorly.

But honestly, I guess I would be a little upset too. I don't remember if the video states the reason for the stop or not, but when the on duty officer tells the other guy that the county on his tag is covered and that's a citation too, I would of been ****ed. This was of course after the man identified himself as a cop.

I mean come on, do you know how many people I see daily with the county name on their tag covered up? For a long time mine was like that because i had some fancy license plate cover and I never once got stopped for it.

Comment

You know what, I don't care what the motives were of the on duty cop, he handled himself well and at no time gave any indication that this was personal.

The off duty cop was a jack ass and I would have written him every ticket I could muster. If he wanted out of the tickets we could sit in front of his Sheriff and review the video and see what he says. I don't care what the reason was for the stop, you do what the officer says and roll with it like a professional. You can verbalize that your an off duty or under cover officer and be polite.

Every chance he was given to explain himself he had an ignorant reply. Here's what he could have said that would have changed everything.

Hey man how's it going? I'm sorry if I didn't signal back there. I'm an under cover deputy and I guess I got distracted. My ID is in the car and I'm wearing my gun concealed.

A response anywhere close to that would have changed everything and kept everything the way it should have been.

I saw this video a long time ago and my response is still the same. I hope the deputy was fired and charged for all his infractions and the police officer was given a medal for staying professional through the whoe ordeal.
          Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

One of the comments:

MaxFinalFlare (7 hours ago)

yeah those white cops are the ones that should be in jail caus ethey ****in racist. GO BLACK COPS GO OBAMA **** white cops **** bush
            Lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by marcusindc View Post
              One of the comments:

Lovely.
              Hey, we've got him liking black cops at least. Its a good start. White cops will come in time. Just have to be patient, cant expect too much as once.
              When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/
                Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I have to give the off duty some credit. I just knew I was gonna hear "it's cuz I'm black, aint it". Unless I missed it I didn't hear that comment. Kudos to the black off duty for not pulling the race card. But what a dumb*** for pulling such stupid crap on a routine with a a brother in blue.
                  Sworn on September 22, 2010

Comment

Testosterone overload...

The stop was still "chicken$hit!"

Too much macho-ism going on....
                    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Isnt this like 15 years old? I know the deputy is still with OCSO and the guy was an MDPD major.
                      Last edited by orlandofed5-0; 10-22-2009, 09:00 AM.
                      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Thats an old video. I wonder how it all ended?

I am not agreeing with the Trooper, but If I was the Off Duty, and knowing the sh-- that the Trooper Deals with; I would have been more polite in the beginning. It may have been avoided. Even if he didn't feel he did anything wrong.

It escalated to a testosterone pis-ing match.
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

The off-duty deputy should have accepted the citation; and if all means necessary follow up with the citation in court; and or if he believed there were discrepancies contact the arresting officer supervisor. Two men, both showing authoritative power and too much testosterone, escalated into an incident that could have been avoided.
                          "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Originally posted by leesrt View Post
                            You know what, I don't care what the motives were of the on duty cop, he handled himself well and at no time gave any indication that this was personal.

The off duty cop was a jack ass and I would have written him every ticket I could muster. If he wanted out of the tickets we could sit in front of his Sheriff and review the video and see what he says. I don't care what the reason was for the stop, you do what the officer says and roll with it like a professional. You can verbalize that your an off duty or under cover officer and be polite.

I really respect that reply, I have always said that roadside interactions should be a contest in professionalism, with each party trying to outdo the other, if there is an issue settle it later with his/her boss....and settle it for good with at least audio recordings to back up your side of the story.

Bill
                            Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Did anyone notice he had a fanny pack!
                              "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4128 users online. 241 members and 3887 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X