Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISPY4U2
    replied
    Our friends often think we're over-protective because we NEVER EVER let our third-grader play outside alone. We don't allow our children to walk to school unless we know they are staying with a group, and even then it's only for our high schoolers. My third-grader lives about a ten minute walk from school and will NEVER EVER walk to or from school, at least not without me or my wife. We don't let her out of our sight.

THis is why.

Prayers for the family. WHat a horrible loss. And one prayer that they find the POS that did this.

Leave a comment:

• JasperST
    replied
    Originally posted by willowdared View Post
    She was walking home from school with her sister and at least one other friend. They got in an argument and she ran off.

But seriously, has it come to this? Kids can't even walk to and from school anymore? They can't play outside anymore. Playgrounds are few and far between, and often outfitted with old equipment.

People complain that kids spend too much time watching tv and playing video games, but what else do they have?
    That neighborhood had something like 80 registered sex offenders. Like like lettering your puppy swim in gator infested water.

We always played outside, unless it was raining, and even then sometimes. Never even heard of child molesting, rape or murder. I don't know what happened or how someone's head gets rewired to desire kids. Most of them are repeat offenders, I would give them the death penalty in 100% certainty cases. And not 20 years later, a few months maybe and a date with a short rope.

Leave a comment:

• willowdared
    replied
    Originally posted by JasperST View Post
    I don't understand why a child that age walks around on her own. 7 seems too young to me.
    She was walking home from school with her sister and at least one other friend. They got in an argument and she ran off.

But seriously, has it come to this? Kids can't even walk to and from school anymore? They can't play outside anymore. Playgrounds are few and far between, and often outfitted with old equipment.

People complain that kids spend too much time watching tv and playing video games, but what else do they have?

Leave a comment:

• Southflaguy
    replied
    I just heard it on the news, sad!...Somer's sister must feel awful!...

This is why they're so tough on sex offender here in S.Florida (mainly Miami-Dade) with the whole sexual offender living under the bridge (Julia Tuttle CSWY)...
    Last edited by Southflaguy; 10-22-2009, 06:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JasperST
    replied
    The mom was on The Early Show yesterday and obviously in bad shape but still hopeful. Really sad. If someone did that to one of my dogs I don't know how I could handle it, that has to be the worse thing a person could go through. Then throwing her in the trash? No form of death is too good for the perpetrator.

I don't understand why a child that age walks around on her own. 7 seems too young to me.

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied
    God bless the family......

Leave a comment:

• Nobody
    replied
    http://forums.officer.com/forums/
    Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• willowdared
    replied
    ^^I agree....crimes against children are not prosecuted to the same degree as those against adults.

But I also think there are entrenched attitudes, even in law enforcement that contribute to the problem.

How much time was lost finding Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugay because law enforcement could not really accept "abduction"?

There was a recent thread about a 14 year old girl being sued by a strip-club owner because he claimed she lied about her age...even though she said she was kidnapped, raped and forced into the job? There were an awful lot of cops who posted about slutty teenagers, not too many who discussed sexual predators who prey on young girls.

The fact of the matter is that what used to be quaintly called "white slavery" is alive and well, and going on in every state. Where it used to be young girls lured by job postings to the city....now it's runaways...or presumed runaways being victimized.

And internet p0rn is grooming new predators every day.

Leave a comment:

• Nobody
    replied
    http://forums.officer.com/forums/
    Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    Wow, truly a sad event. My sympathies towards the family and friends.

Leave a comment:

• willowdared
    replied
    Originally posted by wakeislander View Post
    I read the story and I can't seem to understand if this was an actual abduction.
    I believe they mentioned an attempt involving another young girl or girls a few days earlier.

I guess we wait for evidence to tell a story.

Leave a comment:

• wakeislander
    replied
    I read the story and I can't seem to understand if this was an actual abduction.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I just saw this this morning and on the evening news I discover she is found, I am sickened! This is another opportunity for a throat slashing in my opinion, you know the person that did it has done something like this in the past (puke emoticon)

Leave a comment:

• Southflaguy
    started a topic Cops searching for missing Fla. girl find a body

Cops searching for missing Fla. girl find a body

Some real sick stuff...May the child rest in peace...

http://www.miamiherald.com/775/story/1291896.html

Cops searching for missing Fla. girl find a body

By RON WORD
    Associated Press Writer

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- Detectives searching for a missing 7-year-old north Florida girl said they found the body of a young child in a Georgia landfill Wednesday, but it has not yet been identified.

Clay County, Fla., Sheriff Rick Beseler first said the partially covered body was a female, but then corrected himself and said he couldn't yet confirm the gender. The parents of Somer Thompson, who has been missing since Monday, have been notified.

The body was found by Clay County detectives who followed garbage trucks from the girl's neighborhood to Folkston, Ga., just north of the Florida border in Charlton County, Ga.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead said the agency was assisting with the investigation and would conduct an autopsy on the body Thursday morning in its Savannah office.

"We all need to say a prayer for Somer's family," Gov. Charlie Crist said at a press conference announcing the discovery.

Somer vanished on her mile-long walk home from school Monday in Orange Park, near Jacksonville.

She was squabbling with another child, and her sister told her to stop. The girl got upset, walked ahead of the group and wasn't seen again.

Orange Park is a suburb of Jacksonville just south of Jacksonville Naval Air Station. The area where the girl disappeared is a heavily populated residential area with homes, apartment complexes and condominiums.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5309 users online. 279 members and 5030 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X