300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willbird View Post
    Hmm who was the last president that was so hated that somebody fired shots through the WH fence ?? And another somebody actually flew a small plane INTO the side of the WH (almost no damage).

I'm sure the SS has their hands full with hate groups like Democratic Underground and others like that.

Our Potus is sucking tall right now, working his way to the LOWEST APPROVAL RATING in all history, not unexpected when you put a moron in the oval office who has never had a job in his life. The scary thing is that we all know the MSM will eventually tire of his BS and turn on him, at that point FOX news will be his best friend really, because they do not hate HIM, they hate his Marxist policies and ideas. That is the thing that he and his followers will NEVER understand.......very few people hate Obama, what they hate is his policy and ideals....and his arrogant snobbish insistence that his way is the "right way".

Cries of racism every time somebody opposes the most Marxist ideas in our country EVER are a cop out.

Bill

I will agree with you there, I have nothing against the president at all, but sometimes things he says do tend to scare me to death.
    Entered Academy: 08/2010 Graduated Academy: 12/20/2010 Career Search: 12/20/2010 - Present Never doubt. Never look back. Never question what you have done. Live with conviction and honor.

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/
      Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
        I agree the disdain for Dubya was there on the left, but subjectively it seemed more of a 'debate' than the 'pure, physical, hatred' that currently exists in the far right 1%
        I think it's just the opposite. I never saw such hatred as I have with Bush. I've talked to liberals that had their mouths foam up while talking about him. Endless hateful bumper stickers, posters, cartoons, "comedy" routines, parades, books, assassination movie, etc. etc. and the objection to Obama is all about his extreme leftist policies that we may well never overcome.

Comment

Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:53 PM.

Comment

the agency wasn't set up for a few thousand morons coming out of the wood work screaming "the world is ending, end of days are here" just because they don't like the current president. Its only 4 years of your time - and everyone can vote again in about 3 years if they're unhappy....but nope, gotta freak out and make wild accusations and conspiracy theories galore.

as far as the internet and racism - i'm gradually coming to the conclusion that the internet may possibly be one of mankinds worst creations (coming in a close second to mankinds creation of more mankind)
            OH C'mon, we got through 8 years with President Bush just fine with all of that going on. Past presidents have not loved to see their face on TV talk shows either, I bet Obama has been on TV talk shows more times in his first year than the last 6 presidents COMBINED. The SS has to deal with security for those events too.

I think it's just the opposite. I never saw such hatred as I have with Bush. I've talked to liberals that had their mouths foam up while talking about him. Endless hateful bumper stickers, posters, cartoons, "comedy" routines, parades, books, assassination movie, etc. etc. and the objection to Obama is all about his extreme leftist policies that we may well never overcome.
            I couldn't agree more.

I used to catch a bit of Glenn Beck in AM radio drive time years ago, and NEVER listened to Limbaugh, but this POTUS and ESPECIALLY his banana republic way of violently attacking any detractors have made me seek out Beck and Limbaugh.

Bill
            Last edited by willbird; 10-22-2009, 11:28 AM.
            Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

exactly, thanks - that's the "world is ending" stuff I was trying to illustrate
              So it's just another day in the park for you? Nothing different in government going on? Thanks, that's what I meant.

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/.
                Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Cannon View Post
                    I know the President has to travel to get the job done, but being that Joe Taxpayer is paying the bills, and these aren't the strongest of economic times, some thought should be given to need vs. expense in my opinion.
                    The president sure needed to go to San Francisco last week! After all, the DNC fund raising event was a matter of national importance. I'm sure a lot of these serious threats could be prevented, if only there was more cooperation between the media and the White House. Fox News has a disturbing propensity of questioning the party line and raising doubt about those currently holding office. If their ability to question authority was diminished or eliminated, fewer people would exhibit hostility towards our leadership and less Secret Service resources would be required. This could also lead to a safer community in general, as citizens could feel more at ease with the decisions made by most of our elected leaders on our behalf.

Obviously those opposing the change (mandated by the majority of the electorate) can't be completely silenced, but requiring approval from a central government authority before airing controversial or hateful broadcasts would be a reasonable restriction. If any media group failed to comply, stiff fines or revocation of licenses to broadcast could prevent further occurrences.

This isn't just about protecting the president. It's about ensuring the safety of members of Congress, local and state legislators and our community at large. While there may be some who question the legality of such proposals, we can all agree that if they save just one child, the minor inconvenience will be worth it!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                      The president sure needed to go to San Francisco last week! After all, the DNC fund raising event was a matter of national importance.
                      ...and NJ this week to help get Corsine re-elected. For the children.

Comment

Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:55 PM.

Comment

again- every president has done these types of appearances on behalf of his party... why pretend this is unusual?
                          Jetting around the country trying to drum up money for his party, while at the same time other party members are hyping the alleged threats necessitating the need for more tax dollars for "protection?"- Not unusual at all. Especially while those same (limited) protection funds are wasted jetting off to lobby for the Olympics in Chicago (no precedence there ).

The guy is spending us into oblivion without the slightest concern for the future. Those around him use fear tactics to justify virtually every "cause" and heaven help those who attempt to call him, his administration or the Democratic Party on any issue. This "leak" (to the Boston Globe) fails the "stink test" as to any authenticity.

"It should be noted in all of this, however, that the Secret Service has issued a response in which the agency denied any decreased capacity to carry out its missions, saying that the Boston Globe's report was "not accurate and lacks a good deal of information."
                          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

again- every president has done these types of appearances on behalf of his party... why pretend this is unusual?
                            BS. Love is blind. Pay attention. This is not "normal." This country is going to hell in a hand basket . . . and quickly!!!

Comment

the agency wasn't set up for a few thousand morons coming out of the wood work screaming "the world is ending, end of days are here" just because they don't like the current president. Its only 4 years of your time - and everyone can vote again in about 3 years if they're unhappy....but nope, gotta freak out and make wild accusations and conspiracy theories galore.
                              It is not about the person in power. It's about the power that they have.

It is about the laws that are created as a result of who is in power. These are laws that we are supposed to follow, and will continue to be forced to follow long after the President has been replaced.

The President doesn't just sit around for 4 years. They can easily change the shape of the country, and could even destroy it.
                              Last edited by Fëanor; 10-22-2009, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I knew my children were in trouble when Obama began to respond to skits on Saturday Night Live. Obama needs to be voted out immediately, before he destroys our country.
                                Well...Bye

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3399 users online. 188 members and 3211 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X