Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man arrested for calling emergency line 12,000+ times.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man arrested for calling emergency line 12,000+ times.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/c...an-12000-times

Police arrested a 61-year-old man on Tuesday for obstruction of duty after he allegedly called the 110 emergency number over 12,000 times. Hisao Sumitani, a resident of Otsu, has admitted to the charge but was quoted by police as saying “the whole case is ridiculous.”

According to police, Sumitani called the Shiga Prefecture emergency number 12,300 times between December 2006 and Sept 30 of this year. Sumitani would shout into the phone at operators, and is accused of disrupting their duty. He also reportedly dialed the Otsu fire department 1,390 times on the 119 number.

Authorities visited Sumitani’s home four times requesting him to stop, but he refused to comply.
    Anybody else wondering why they allowed it to go on this long!? The numbers add up to about 11 or so calls A DAY!

Wow....sounds like he's missing some vital components upstairs......
    'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Maybe he was bored? Not an excuse, just an explanation.

Comment

double post FAIL
        Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

Originally posted by cbr600_kitty View Post
          Wow....sounds like he's missing some vital components upstairs......
          X2! a few camels short of a caravan....
          Chris

Comment

haha oh japan....

Comment

What a loser. Stupidity like that should earn life in prison, no possibility for parole...

Comment

Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
                What a loser. Stupidity like that should earn life in prison, no possibility for parole...
                The police are to blame as well. If i did that I would be arrested on my 3rd call not after call 12,000

Comment

Originally posted by JD_TO View Post
                  The police are to blame as well. If i did that I would be arrested on my 3rd call not after call 12,000
                  +1

Musta been like, "If that S.O.B calls ONE more time, because 1,389 calls is our limit."

Futurelaw
                  Last edited by Futurelaw89; 10-21-2009, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Why was he calling? Did his order at McDonald's get screwed up?

Comment

We have an eldery woman who calls dispatch on a regular basis. Her calls come up as "mental noncrim" because she is calling to request better locks because someone is coming in and taking her china "and they can't have ALL the china, you know." Also, to report hearing dispatch on her phone line, drug deals on her phone, someone on the TV yelling at her, hearing loudspeakers in the neighborhood, the 711 selling hallucinogens, etc. Last time I made a count, which was when I called her guardian to report it, she had called us 16 times between 10/1 and 10/12.

Comment

Musta been like, "If that S.O.B calls ONE more time, because 1,389 calls is our limit."
                        That was hilarious. I laughed out loud on that one.
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Futurelaw89 View Post
                          +1

Futurelaw
                          OH MAN!! you just made me almost lol out of my chair....
                          Chris

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4823 users online. 292 members and 4531 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X