300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
    opossums cause equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (nerve disorder) in horses, I aim for them when driving and wouldn't mind if a ride along jumped out to kill them (assuming we're actually in an area with horses, not in downtown Orlando).
    Generally speaking, a lot of opossums around my farm seem to commit suicide. They decide to play dead in the exact spot we're using a hoe or shovel. One day, I was split wood and one jumped right up on the log as I was swinging the maul. They seem to walk in front of the target when we're sighting in a rifle. Go figure.

I'm just glad I don't live in VA where opossums are a protected species.
    "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

oh.....man....haha.
      "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

If I was the guys defense attorney I would have made the argument that the possum wasn't really dead if the prosecution couldn't produce the corpse or a death certificate. After all, aren't possums notorious liars about being dead?
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I can't get past the image of a person on a ride-along with a police-officer...just deciding to "JUMP" out of the car and violently kill an animal...and then somehow think it would be perfectly acceptable to stroll back to the car as if it was nothing out of the ordinary. Lmao, that's classic...

Comment

is anyone else expecting this to be the focus of "will this hurt me in the background" in "ask a cop" in the future?

lol
            In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Fresher "grub" than roadkill? Sounds like an ideal candidate.
              "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I say I say your doing it all wrong boy, that aint no way to kill a possum. LOL

For the younger generation that was Foghorn, Leghorn from Loony Tunes.
                MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by DaLAW View Post
                  I can't get past the image of a person on a ride-along with a police-officer...just deciding to "JUMP" out of the car and violently kill an animal...and then somehow think it would be perfectly acceptable to stroll back to the car as if it was nothing out of the ordinary. Lmao, that's classic...
                  I was picturing the police car swerving to hit the possum and not getting it, or only winging it, and the guy then jumping out to finish it off.
                  Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

I felt resentment for a long time when two wild dogs came to my farm and killed my pig. For a long time, I did not like dogs, couldn't stand them. However, I decided to buy a small dog and didn't feel that way anymore. However, I still have resentment over the two wild dogs.
                    "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

This post is still funny to me. I keep reading it. lol
                      I'm going to fail the Psych exam

I just picture that Officer's face, He must have been thinking WTF?
                      Then bringing his ride-along back, and booking him. That guy will probably be immortal in the Department.
                      MDRDEP:

Comment

Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
                        I felt resentment for a long time when two wild dogs came to my farm and killed my pig. For a long time, I did not like dogs, couldn't stand them. However, I decided to buy a small dog and didn't feel that way anymore. However, I still have resentment over the two wild dogs.
                        That's it, this guy just needs to go get a pet possum.

Comment

Did he take the carcass and eat it, too?
                          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

You don't make possum pie unless you're gonna eat it.

Comment

You can always distinguish who's from where by whether they say "possum" or "opossum".

Around here, we have possums.

Comment

Will this disqualify me?

I'm waiting to see that in the next year or two in Ask a Cop.
                                MDRDEP:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4649 users online. 260 members and 4389 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X