• Show
Clear All

• Man on police ride-along stomps opossum to death

From here:
    http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_15973/cont...tguid=NH8IZ8aX

Man on police ride-along stomps opossum to death
    Story user rating:

Published: Yesterday

DANVILLE, Va. (AP) - A Virginia man on a police ride-along was found guilty of animal cruelty after he jumped out of the police car and stomped an opossum to death. The Danville Register & Bee reported Tuesday that 23-year-old Evan Bryce Schuler saw the opossum run along a fence. A police officer testified that Schuler ran up to the fence, grabbed the links and "started stomping."

Schuler's lawyer, James Priest, said Schuler grew up on a farm where opossums killed his chickens and acted on instinct. Priest appealed the district court's ruling and the case will move to circuit court.

___

Information from: Danville Register & Bee, http://www.registerbee.com

I like the "it was instinct to violently rage out and kill something" defense.

How I wish I could be present when he tells that story to a future background investigator.
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Nevermind..............just saw this:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132303
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Wow! This must be some kind of epedemic in Virginia. 2 possum stompings in one day.
      "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Wow, so he jumped out of the Police Car to stomp on a opossum, lol, I would have drove away. Eh, I really don't like opossums though, they are like over sized rats, so I would have hit the brakes and let him back in.

Comment

I just hope he wiped his shoes thoroughly.

Comment

I would love to see the look on the officer's face when dude bailed out of the car and began stomping!
            "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

I guess it was convenient for the officer to tell the subject sitting in the front seat to please slowly step to the rear of the vehicle because you now under arrest.

Comment

Originally posted by velobard View Post
                I just hope he wiped his shoes thoroughly.
                haha

Comment

He'll beat the case....I took about a half-dozen ride-alongs while applying/testing with as many agencies. I filled out a half-dozen ride-along forms from 12/07 to 06/08.

Not one of 'em said I was not allowed to stomp them thar pesky opossums!
                  Last edited by Kieth M.; 10-22-2009, 12:48 AM.
                  "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

opossums cause equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (nerve disorder) in horses, I aim for them when driving and wouldn't mind if a ride along jumped out to kill them (assuming we're actually in an area with horses, not in downtown Orlando).

Comment

A least it wasn't a skunk. Woulda been a long walk home.

Comment

Why do I keep hearing banjos in the distance?....

Maybe he just wanted some possum stew....
                        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I never knew...that it was spelled opossum.

Comment

Since when can't ya stomp a possum. Maybe he was huntin vittles!
                            sigpic
                            Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                            And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by baycop72 View Post
                              I guess it was convenient for the officer to tell the subject sitting in the front seat to please slowly step to the rear of the vehicle because you now under arrest.
                              this post made me laugh
                              Sworn on September 22, 2010

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6255 users online. 348 members and 5907 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X