• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride-Along conduct

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...type=printable

Man on police ride-along stomps opossum to death

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

(10-20) 12:27 PDT Danville, Va. (AP) --

A Virginia man on a police ride-along was found guilty of animal cruelty after he jumped out of the police car and stomped an opossum to death. The Danville Register & Bee reported Tuesday that 23-year-old Evan Bryce Schuler saw the opossum run along a fence. A police officer testified that Schuler ran up to the fence, grabbed the links and "started stomping."

Schuler's lawyer, James Priest, said Schuler grew up on a farm where opossums killed his chickens and acted on instinct. Priest appealed the district court's ruling and the case will move to circuit court.

___

Information from: Danville Register & Bee, www.registerbee.com

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

WHAT????? He just felt the need to kill the animal? Intresting.....

Judging by his age I would guess he is a LEO hopeful..........ha. good luck now

Comment

lol I read that and thought of this Weird Al song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEOAh9RDIfI
      Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

Damn. I was hoping this thread would have some insights to proper behavior during a ride along. Considering im not planning on stomping Weasels or Possums, im gonna file this one under "Common Sense"... What a retard.
        Graduate of Athens Regional Police Academy - 235th BLETC

Comment

*puts hands to his temples and closes eyes* I foresee a thread.....a thread on a website......about cops......a thread, kinda fuzzy now......looks like......Ask A Cop......someone will soon be asking about.......about.........about.......if he can still be a cop after........stomping a rat...NO, not a rat......a possum......to death. That'll be $50 please.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Smurfette
          Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
          Originally posted by DAL
          You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Hahahaha. Wow! That is COUNTRY! I'll have to remember not to do that on my next ride along.

Not trying to get too far off topic, but on my first ride-along my officer told me he was the sh*t magnet on that shift. He told me if something went down and he was getting the crap beat outta him, I damn well better help him. He also told me if things got REALLY bad, to man the shotgun to protect myself. Well, he was right about being the sh*t magnet. We stumbled onto a shooting in progress. My officer immediately grabbed the shotgun and jumped out of the car. So I just sat in the front seat and watched. Not much else I could do, I guess.
            But trust me.. had he been attacked by a possum, I would have been all over it.
            "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by FJDave View Post
              *puts hands to his temples and closes eyes* I foresee a thread.....a thread on a website......about cops......a thread, kinda fuzzy now......looks like......Ask A Cop......someone will soon be asking about.......about.........about.......if he can still be a cop after........stomping a rat...NO, not a rat......a possum......to death. That'll be $50 please.
              Hehe....I'd bet you're not too far off
              'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Didn't Ted Bundy start out like this?

Comment

Lol, kinda like my issue with . . cats , just kidding...but seriously..

Comment

WOW...I hope he at least made a pie out of the thing! That officer better drive faster, I think I hear the banjos playing!!!!
                    Codeman

Comment

Opossums cause equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (nerve disorder) in horses, I aim for them when driving and wouldn't mind if a ride along jumped out to kill them (assuming we're actually in an area with horses, not in downtown Orlando).

Comment

Okay, I rofld. I'll just leave that there.
                        The statements posted on here are of my own and does not represent any agency that I am in process with, was in process with or will be in process with.

Comment

I laughed while picturing it in my head. Police car is just sitting there and the ride along jumps out and runs up to te opossum and starts stomping it. It really isn't funny, but must have surprised the hell out of the officer.

Comment

This guy took full advantage of his ride along. He got to sit up front, then he got to sit in the back.
                            Proudly generated over a hundred thousand dollars in attorney's fees and counting

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5238 users online. 294 members and 4944 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X