Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your opinion?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_boy_in_balloon

Hoax or not? My opinion is this is an attention seeking hoax. I also believe that if found to be a hoax the Heene family should be responsible for the costs associated with tracking the balloon and attempted rescue of the boy.
    Absolutely
    72.97%
    No
    2.70%
    Not sure
    24.32%

The poll is expired.

Sworn on September 22, 2010

Not sure, but something seemed real fishy about the story.
    "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Seems kinda weird what the little kid said when being interviewd..............
      'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

I decline to have an opinion when evidence reamins to be gathered and disclosed.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Call it a feel, I think it's a hoax myself, something a little off here..

Comment

Yea. The puzzle doesn't seem to be fitting together.... I guess we'll find out at the conclusion of the investigation.

Comment

Pft...Hoax...
              They wanted another 15min of fame. If this happened to any other family I would have been a bit less skeptical. But the fact of the matter is, this family has been on televison before and seems to thrive off of publicity. Funy how their "inventor" father has his invention broadcasted throughout every media outlet.

Futurelaw

Comment

I don't know, but I'm really getting tired of it, already.
                "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                  I don't know, but I'm really getting tired of it, already.
                  Yep, me too......

Comment

Looks like the Larimer Cty Sheriff is tired of their BS too. He's filing criminal charges.

The Larimer County Sheriff says criminal charges will be filed in the saga of boy who was believed to be in a runaway balloon.

We are unsure if a news conference scheduled for tonight at 7:30 by Falcon Heene's father Richard will in fact take place.
                    http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/64677497.html
                    If I tell you what I know, I'd have to kill you. Fortunately, I don't know much.

Comment

>His reaction to the balloon starting to get away was all wrong. Gosh, the camera was on and pointed the right direction too.
                      >His demeanor on camera before the son was found looked fake.
                      >He should have known the balloon could not have lifted his son's weight- especially at partial inflation.

Comment

Also I saw one of his daytime TV interviews and his anxiety over the whole thing seem contrived and how he was squirming in his chair trying way to hard to show emotions...

Way to go ISPY4U2, you're faster than the local news here in Washington

Comment

Absolutely, the father is a complete d----bag.

Comment

Next story please. This one had been over-discussed.

Comment

Authorities say they are filing charges against the Heene parents with the District Attorney. They expect to recommend charges of conspiracy, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, making a false report to authorities and attempting to influence a public servant. Fort Collins officials say they will pursue other charges as well. The sheriff says no charges have been filed yet, and the parents aren't under arrest.

Some of the most serious charges each carry a maximum sentence of six years in prison and a $500,000 fine.

Authorities say they are in the process of looking into phone records and computer records to determine the time line of events that occurred on Thursday. Search warrants on the Heene home are also being pursued.

Sheriff Jim Alderden says Richard and Mayumi Heene "put on a very good show for us, and we bought it."

Sheriff Alderden says interviews with the parents Saturday resulted in enough information to get a warrant to search the house. He says they were looking for computers, e-mails, phone records and financial records.

Officials say the public and law enforcement officials were manipulated by the Heene family.

Experts, according the Larimer County Sheriff, say the helium balloon that lifted off was in fact, not, capable of lifting off the ground with a 37 pound child inside.

Sheriff Alderden says all 3 children ages 6,8, and 10 knew the balloon incident was a hoax, but will likely not face charges because of their ages.
                              http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/64699152.html
                              If I tell you what I know, I'd have to kill you. Fortunately, I don't know much.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5679 users online. 356 members and 5323 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X