• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Carolina student shot after school stabbing

Tragic situation all around...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091016...20091016174201

South Carolina student shot after school stabbing

WASHINGTON (AFP) – A police officer assigned to a South Carolina school
    shot and killed a 16-year-old student on Friday after an 11th grader stabbed him, the local school district said.

"That is... exactly what is understood to have happened," said Teal Britton, a spokeswoman for the Horry County School District, after reports first emerged about the incident at Carolina Forest High School.

"At 8:20am, 8:25am, an incident occurred that involved an 11th grade student and the school resource officer that was not witnessed by any other student," she told AFP.

School administrators were on campus at the time and "heard the struggle" between the officer and the male student, Britton added.

"As a result of the incident, both the student and the school resource officer were injured and were transported to Conway Medical Center, and it was reported... shortly after 11:00am by the coroner that the student was deceased."

The officer, whose name was not released, was part of a South Carolina program providing liaison police officers to all state secondary and middle schools "to assist with school safety," she added.

The high school, which has some 1,975 students according to its website, was locked down in the wake of the incident, but students were not evacuated and Britton said classes were still being taught.

Parents were given the option of picking up their children.

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division is investigating the incident because it involved a police officer.

"We have agents still assessing the situation. We hope to release information as confirmed details are gathered," said division spokesman Jennifer Timmons.
    sigpic

This will be a huge lawsuit, parents asking why the Officer didn't "use some other means to subdue the teen that just stabbed him."

Comment

Well, dead men tell no tales.

Comment

Never take a knife to a gunfight.

Comment

The student should not have pulled a knife of the police officer; the officer performed his duties properly. I hope both are okay, especially the officer.
          "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

I hope the cop fares well through this and the courts see the truth in the attack and he defended himself and the safety of probably many others that day...

Comment

I also hope this is a lesson to other individuals (particularly troubled students) at this school; don't expect to fight the law without consequences.
              "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

I read somewhere that the student asked to speak to the officer and they went into an office - if that was the case, the headline should read 'Knife-wielding student shot after ambushing officer'..
                summer - winter - work

Comment

If it sounds like a good shot in a news article then you are 110% this officer will be ok

Comment

Originally posted by JLee View Post
                    I read somewhere that the student asked to speak to the officer and they went into an office - if that was the case, the headline should read 'Knife-wielding student shot after ambushing officer'..
                    Yeah, that's the way it went down from my understanding too.
                    “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

I'm sorry but I have "0" sympathy for the aggressor, maybe even -1

Comment

This was a clear case of suicide by cop. I mean who takes a knife to a cop and think they won't get shot? This kid had to know if he attacked a cop with a knife that he would be shot. He wanted to die and didn't have the gonads to do it himself, plus, it wouldn't have made headlines like this did. He wanted to die and wanted people to know about him, I'd say Mission accomplished!
                        Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2196 users online. 148 members and 2048 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X