X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How not to launch a boat

something tells me this guy got it wrong

Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Maybe the picture is backwards....lol
      Hoping to get picked up when I return from Iraq

Comment

His wife is in the truck saying "honey, is the boat in the water yet?"
        Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

The boat and the truck had issues that dated back to the early days of their association. After the great splashing incident of '08, as a final act of vengeance, the boat decided it was time to launch the truck.
          sigpic
          Don't make me gassy.
          You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Good going honey.

Comment

I wonder if this is Steve the early years? (see backwoods tazin' thread for more details)
              Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

Deleted...
                Last edited by jd08; 09-30-2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

How not to launch a boat

When I was on water patrol a few years back I saw some pretty interesting things. One time, while I was parked in the parking lot near the boat launch, I saw a Ford Mustang pulling a personal watercraft on a trailer back up to the top of the launch, loosen the tie downs, and then back up, but stop suddenly. Sure enough the PWC slid right off onto the cement. He had to have damaged the hull. If you guys think motorists are irresponsible, just add water and watch! I have seen people set out on various boats on lakes and rivers with essentially no training or experience. It is actually surprising that more people aren't hurt each year on the water.

Comment

that's no ordinary truck. it's built Ford tough.

P.S. The man was probably in the boat waiting for his wife to back them up so he could launch the boat.

Comment

I think it's just another Ford driver, bet the right turn signal is on too...

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
                        When I was on water patrol a few years back I saw some pretty interesting things. One time, while I was parked in the parking lot near the boat launch, I saw a Ford Mustang pulling a personal watercraft on a trailer back up to the top of the launch, loosen the tie downs, and then back up, but stop suddenly. Sure enough the PWC slid right off onto the cement. He had to have damaged the hull. If you guys think motorists are irresponsible, just add water and watch! I have seen people set out on various boats on lakes and rivers with essentially no training or experience. It is actually surprising that more people aren't hurt each year on the water.

No joke there, even worse these same idiots will take a boat they have no knowledge of operating and take it out on the open ocean. I had a guy arrive on Catalina Island by way of PWC. No radio or navigation tools. He walked up the ramp, saw me and said, "Whew I almost got lost. I had to follow the ferry to find this place". After a short discussion his plans to return to the mainland were cancelled when I impounded his PWC.
                        Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4661 users online. 255 members and 4406 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X