X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nobody
    replied
    [http://forums.officer.com/forums/
    Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maddogg123
    replied
    Originally posted by Nobody View Post
    don't quantify each category as an individual event - as any good officer knows, a minor traffic violation can be the beginning of a good felony arrest. combine that with riding a beat that was 3 city blocks wide by 4 blocks long and you can have a great "honey spot" for setting up on traffic, a spot that's easy to get set up in again following a stop, and easy to quickly respond to calls from and return to because they are all close by... plus it was downtown less than 2 miles from the jail and mag's office. Quick, efficient work by someone who loves every minute in uniform...

so in short, just because you can't, doesn't mean someone else can't - but if your next post is something to the effect of "you aren't a cop" then don't expect a response (try something other than the standard o.com attack if that's the route you want to take)
    By the way I wouldn't say you're not a cop, just exagerating

Leave a comment:

• Nobody
    replied
    Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maddogg123
    replied
    don't quantify each category as an individual event - as any good officer knows, a minor traffic violation can be the beginning of a good felony arrest. combine that with riding a beat that was 3 city blocks wide by 4 blocks long and you can have a great "honey spot" for setting up on traffic, a spot that's easy to get set up in again following a stop, and easy to quickly respond to calls from and return to because they are all close by... plus it was downtown less than 2 miles from the jail and mag's office. Quick, efficient work by someone who loves every minute in uniform...

so in short, just because you can't, doesn't mean someone else can't - but if your next post is something to the effect of "you aren't a cop" then don't expect a response (try something other than the standard o.com attack if that's the route you want to take)
    I don't care how you slice it, there is no way he can make 25, or more, different stops, which is what you would most likely have to do unless your department makes you write a new ticket for each violation, which I doubt, and go to 25 calls for service in a twelve hour shift. Even if several of the traffic stops turn into felonies. Your story is way off.

It's not a matter of I can't, it's a matter of it's impossible for your story to be true. A felony takes at least an hour, if you are really quick, and if he has sever of those a day, let's say three, that's three hours out of his 12 he has. That leaves 9. Let's say he makes 25 stops, which comes out to be an average of 6 minutes a stop, which would be fast considering, that's another two and a half hours, then there are the 25 calls for service, which most likely come up to 15 to 20 minutes on average, not including time to get to destination, that's another 6 to 8 hours, which comes up to around 12 to 15 hours. Sorry but your story has some serious holes.

Leave a comment:

• F.I.S.H.D.O.
    replied
    Originally posted by TS6034 View Post
    Maybe they were partially filled out tickets and he worked a 12 hour shift? Idk..
    I do this now. We have e-tickets but it goes down all the time. I have three books, 75 tickets, plus what is left in my ticket holder of pre filled tickets. Just write in everything but place, time, and defendant.

Leave a comment:

• Nobody
    replied
    Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:48 PM. Reason: DBx100

Leave a comment:

• Maddogg123
    replied
    after 38 years of service (about 1.9 tickets per hour worked - 40 hr work week) all he gets is second guesses and attacks from O.com members... not even remotely surprising.

if it's 5 tickets every hour for a 12 hour shift, is that still unthinkable? Traffic wasn't my main goal in a shift - but one of my partners could easily write more than a ticket book per 12 hr shift (25 tickets per book) plus add several felony arrests and 15-25 calls for service ... he loves being a cop, and worked right through meal breaks and almost never wasted time meeting up with other guys to shoot the *****.

again, hope you enjoy a long and hard earned retirement after 38 years of work
    Sorry, but there is no way I believe what you are trying to tell us. If he wrote 25 tickets, went to 25 calls for service and had several felony arrests That would mean that he would be able to perform each of those things in a little over 12 minutes each, which we all know is B.S. in regards to a felony arrest. He may have been able to write some tickets and even go to as many calls as you claim but there is no way what you say is true, even if he never ate.

Leave a comment:

• TexasAggieOfc
    replied
    Keep in mind, depending on how they count tickets, he may have wrote more than one. We are allowed to stack tickets around here and I have seen officers write up to 5 on one stop.

Leave a comment:

• Resq14
    replied
    NOBODY - care to share why you've been going back through your posts and replacing them with links and inane statements? Slightly unusual...

Leave a comment:

• WHC166
    replied
    I would venture a guess that he also worked a lot of grant details over his career, thus the high numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Shiloh
    replied
    Good for him. I hope him a good retirement and thank him for his service.

Leave a comment:

• VA Dutch
    replied

I wish him luck on his retirement, but this story makes me wonder why he never joined the highway patrol - if all he wanted to do was write traffic tickets.

Were they all for speeding, or what?

Leave a comment:

• Nobody
    replied
    Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LINY
    replied
    Originally posted by SkepticAlways View Post
    In an 8 hours shift that means 1 ticket every 8 minutes = insane.
    Chances are he never did anything closely related to real police work or responded to any calls.

60 a day is just... wow.
    Last edited by LINY; 10-16-2009, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TS6034
    replied
    I once wrote 18 tickets out of 22 stops in a 6 hour period. That was tough! I don't see it being physically possible to write 60 in a shift.

Maybe they were partially filled out tickets and he worked a 12 hour shift? Idk..

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4959 users online. 271 members and 4688 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X