Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great..... Lets S*** talk a retiring officer. Small town means prob not that many calls to be called to. Meaning more than likely all of his time was devoted to traffic. Maybe he didnt like searching for narcotics, weapons, or anything else. You guys should be ashamed. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by fordman318 View Post
      Great..... Lets S*** talk a retiring officer. Small town means prob not that many calls to be called to. Meaning more than likely all of his time was devoted to traffic. Maybe he didnt like searching for narcotics, weapons, or anything else. You guys should be ashamed. Seriously.
      I didn't see any s*** talking. Maybe he didn't "like" searching for narcotics, weapons, or anything else??? What an odd thing to say. That's part of the job, whether one "likes" it or not.

To me, there's something odd about this story. How can anyone, logistically, do what this story says this officer has done? It doesn't seem realistic to me.

Why should any of the previous posters on this thread be ashamed?

I wish him well in his retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by fordman318 View Post
        I worked a small town for years. If there is not that much to do, there is not that much traffic to write either. As others have stated, he may be writing a lot of skins, but he sure isn't doing police work. Based on the info we have, his traffic citation record is nothing to be proud of. I am sure everyone in that town is glad to see him retire.

Comment

I have an opinion, but I am sure it wouldn't be popular.
          Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Just as an FYI, Rock Hill is a suburb in the middle of St Louis County. It's fairly small, but it's part of a large metro area and has a lot of traffic passing through.

Comment

If he can issue that many tickets in a shift, and this is in a small town, then the roads in that town need to be re-designed to either 1) allow drivers to safely move through at higher speeds, or 2) curb them from going faster than they safely can.
              John Q. Citizen

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Comment

JQC, this is in the center of a busy metro area with a major 4-lane road passing through. That road, Manchester, is under even more of a burden now because of a highway reconstruction project that has I-64 closed down on a parallel route.

Comment

Originally posted by IAO View Post
                  There is no way to avg 60 a day hand written. It takes atleast 10 just to write it out.
                  10 minutes to write a citation is pretty slow. If youre a traffic guy used to writing then it takes maybe 2-3 minutes.....not including dispatch time, but just writing time. Even if you write fast though.....that doesnt give time to talk to the driver, get a signature, write notes and then look for another violator...... that guy must have been insane.

Comment

Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I once wrote 18 tickets out of 22 stops in a 6 hour period. That was tough! I don't see it being physically possible to write 60 in a shift.

Maybe they were partially filled out tickets and he worked a 12 hour shift? Idk..

Comment

Originally posted by SkepticAlways View Post
                        In an 8 hours shift that means 1 ticket every 8 minutes = insane.
                        Chances are he never did anything closely related to real police work or responded to any calls.

60 a day is just... wow.
                        Last edited by LINY; 10-16-2009, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Nobody; 11-06-2009, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I wish him luck on his retirement, but this story makes me wonder why he never joined the highway patrol - if all he wanted to do was write traffic tickets.

Were they all for speeding, or what?

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Good for him. I hope him a good retirement and thank him for his service.

Comment

I would venture a guess that he also worked a lot of grant details over his career, thus the high numbers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4818 users online. 286 members and 4532 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X