300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Hill's (MO) biggest ticket-writer retiring his radar gun

He's known around the country for writing more speeding tickets than just about anyone else. And now Rock Hill Police Lieutenant Ronald Zeigler is set to retire.

If you've heard his siren and seen Lt. Zeigler in your rearview mirror, you're not alone.
    Driver Marie Edwards got pulled over on Wednesday, one of Zeigler's last days on patrol.

"He's stopped me before," she jokes.

On Manchester Road, he's infamous. He is the most prolific ticket-writer Rock Hill has ever seen. He averages about 60 tickets a day, about 150,000 over the course of his career.

more...>
    http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story...storyid=187453

Dang!

Wow, and he's not even Highway Patrol and wrote 60 tickets a day

Comment

That's alot of tickets for a 10 man department!!
      "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
      I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

Plus, they're all hand written. He should have asked for one of the ticket printers, it would have paid for itself quickly. I don't like writing 5 tickets a day. Good for that guy.

Comment

Rock Hill is a rough financial situation already. Without the revenue coming in from this guy they might go broke!

Comment

60 a day as a LT, my Lieutenant is lucky to get 1 a year.
            Last edited by JPSO Recruit; 10-15-2009, 09:00 AM.
            In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Comment

In an 8 hours shift that means 1 ticket every 8 minutes = insane.
              ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

He should be freelance... have some tickets go to this dept and some go to this one..

But man, that is crazy!
                RIP Sgt. Joe Bergeron, We will surely miss you.

- EOW 5/1/2010 -

Comment

Sounds like he does absolutely nothing but traffic. Unless he's a traffic officer, I don't think that's a lot to be proud of. I'd also like to know when he starts writing for speed.

Comment

co-workers who do this in my area, for the most part, have issues "upstairs"...
                    All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

Thats alot of tickets. For anyplace.
                      The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

That would be alot of tickets for a large Highway Patrol or traffic unit. When I see smaller Depts writing that many summonses, I makes me wonder where the priorities are, for the town and the Police Dept.
                        60 tickets a day by one cop? I think that seems a little overboard and overzealous by anyones account. He must give no-one a break and write for EVERYTHING! I have met guys like that and they usually not the friendliest guys around, if you get my drift.
                        I am sure many people (probably including co-workers) are glad this guy is retiring. It is people like that that gives people reasons to believe the cop stereotypes.

In one of the articles he mentions giving motorist 10 MPH, I doubt that.
                        Last edited by Sled; 10-15-2009, 01:36 PM.

Comment

We have some here that write alot of tickets, not sixty a day, but the funny thing is they never make any arrests, which means they're not properly checking their stops, just writing tickets.
                          Its not possible here to get anywhere near 60 stops a day because your day would be interrupted by taking someone to jail or taking other action, that is if your actually doing your job.
                          The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

There is no way to avg 60 a day hand written. It takes atleast 10 just to write it out.
                            Striving to create a world in which I am no longer needed. 1*

Comment

He sounds like he was a summons mill, existing only to fill the Town's coffers. I hate to say it but that is probably the reason for the entire dept to exist. I think the Town's mayor will be the only one to miss him.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2956 users online. 175 members and 2781 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X