300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeowner Shot

Didn't see this posted elsewhere, if it is a re-post I apologize.
    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/cri....homeowner.cnn

Seems like a tough situation to deal with. Discuss...

if what the family says is true then poor judgment on part of the officer who shot. not giving any verbal commands and then shooting the homeowner in the back while he has his gun pointed at someone else is all bad.

Comment

OK, we'ver heard the family's side of it. Now can we read the police investigation before we make our minds?
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I agree L-1, I would like to hear the department's side as well, but I doubt there is any way to get that information as a civilian.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
          OK, we'ver heard the family's side of it. Now can we read the police investigation before we make our minds?
          i agree, im just saying it's bad if it's true that she notified officers that her husband had the gun before they made entry. the officer still has the right to be in fear for his safety or the safety of the guy on the ground and i was not there.

Comment

This has been posted and talked about several times....there was no cover up...all that happened was a mistake made by the Officer...the family is going to get their money, it's just too bad they had to make up accusations of a cover up....The Officers were responding to a shots fired call on the next block over...upon their arrival they were directed to the backyard of the original callers house and told the suspect had run that way....when the Officers got to the backyard they heard glass breaking coming from the house behind and screaming....after getting into the backyard of the homeowner who was shot the wife came running out of the house screaming....when I spoke with Officer at the scene they said she was screaming "he has a gun" never mentioning it was her husband...could she have been saying her husband had a gun...of course...either way the Officers entered the house...not sure if they announced...as they came around the corner homeowner has his back to them and starts to turn....Officer sees the gun in his hand and shoots him not knowing it was the homeowner....Officer finds out it was the homeowner and admits he made a mistake...hence his voice on the 911 call saying "I messed up". There was a Sgt with him and he basically told the Officer "Don't worry I have your back"...it wasn't meant as he's going to cover anything up...was meant in the way a Boss is reassuring his trooper after a HUGE mistake was made that things were going to be ok.

Comment

Thanks for the insight hotsoup. Thats a lot of info they left out of the video.

Comment

There is an earlier thread about this:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...light=arambula
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by corona11 View Post
                  Thanks for the insight hotsoup. Thats a lot of info they left out of the video.
                  That's the media for you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4730 users online. 272 members and 4458 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X