Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's changing DAL, gangsta rap era is over, it's been over for a long time...It still does encourage/makes drug dealing and treating women badly though...

I grew up listening to it, the gangsta rap of the early and mid 90's, it's my generation's rock n roll, the devil's music...

Techno and House will eventually take over for hip hop, I'd rather listen to DJ Tiesto, Paul Van Dyk, or Kaskade then most of the rap thats out today...The 90's pop and house are also a lot better then the rap thats out today...

As far as buying cd's and stuff, most of the people who buy them a suburban kids...I can't remember the last time I bought a hip hop cd, or song from i tunes...

I do listen to them on youtube and radio though...
    Last edited by Southflaguy; 10-12-2009, 02:31 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southflaguy View Post
      It's changing DAL, gangsta rap era is over, it's been over for a long time...It still does encourage/makes drug dealing and treating women badly though...
      I live in the gangsta capital of the US and much of what I continue to be subjected to is gangsta rap that puts down the police and encourages, even glorifies, self-destructive behavior. Perhaps these are "oldies."

If you listen to radio stations that play this stuff, you are supporting the people who make and distribute it. The radio stations pay to broadcast it, and the advertising fees are determined by audience size and demographics.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't listen to the radio station that only plays rap (even "oldie" ganagsta rap), I listen to the station that play a variety of stuff: hip hop, r&b, pop, techno, techno...And what I have been noticing is that they are playing more house music, then hip hop...

Most of the hip hop now is about a dance...The artist make a silly song and dance to go with it and thats it...Most of the rap artist are here today gone tomorrow...

FWIW, the station here in Miami that only plays hip hop and r&b is not doing so well...

Soulja Boy is punchline, a joke, that's why a lot of people know about him...Noone take his lyrics or what he says serious, most can't understand what he says...
        sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4831 users online. 312 members and 4519 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X