300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapper Soulja Boy arrested after allegedly fleeing police

Another genius: run from the police and then come back later while they are still there

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/....boy.arrested/

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- Atlanta rapper DeAndre Cortez Way, better known by his stage name Soulja Boy Tell 'Em or just Soulja Boy, was charged with obstruction after running from police despite an order to stop, a police spokesman said Friday.

The 19-year-old singer was among a large group that had gathered at a home in Stockbridge, 20 miles south of Atlanta, said Henry County, Georgia, police Capt. Jason Bolton.

Way was arrested Wednesday night along with another man, Bolton said. Police said Way left jail Thursday after posting a $550 bond.

Bolton said officers responded to a complaint about a group of youths milling around the house, which appeared to be abandoned. When police arrived, they saw about 40 people. Half of them ran away, including Way, Bolton said.

The ones who remained told officers they were at the home to film a video. Way was arrested when he returned to the house to get his car, Bolton said. He said the house was dark inside and looked abandoned.

"He just ran from the police, and then he decided to come back," according to Bolton.

The second man who returned for his vehicle was arrested after police found eight $100 counterfeit bills inside, according to the officer.

Way broke into the music scene two years ago with his hit "Crank That (Soulja Boy)." The rapper also describes himself as a producer and entrepreneur.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Hes a terrible rapper. How he got into it, is another example of how dumb rap music has become.

LOL filming a video at an abandoned house? Don't record companies usually provide a set? Unless they suck I guess...
    Last edited by Taylor13; 10-09-2009, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Their keeping it real T
      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Guess they're trying to be the people they portray in their songs. So many of them are hypocritical with that stuff.

Comment

HAHAHA when keeping it real goes wrong. Soulja boy's not too bad though, hes not my favorite but hes ok.
          "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

This guy is garbage!...Enjoy his works....YOUUUUUU'LLL....Come on everyone, CRANCK THAT SOULJABOY....YOUUUUUU'LLLL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpocrqvP2Yg
            sigpic

Comment

He's not even a rapper he's a pop artist.

Comment

Superman that OHHHHHHH

Comment

He'll have plenty of time to write another terrible song now..

Comment

Originally posted by JD_TO View Post
                    He's not even a rapper he's a pop artist.
                    I don't think he's any kind of artist.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                      I don't think he's any kind of artist.
                      LOL yeah you are right

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                        Hes a terrible rapper. How he got into it, is another example of how dumb rap music has become.

LOL filming a video at an abandoned house? Don't record companies usually provide a set? Unless they suck I guess...
                        haha, I work security in an entire abandon neighborhood and one of my guys and myself ran off a group of about 50 people trying to film a "rap video"

Comment

Why do they always think that they can get away?

Comment

Rappers: "I'm a pimp, I deal crack, I smoke weed, I refuse to pay child support, I carry my gun illegally, I've killed more people than I can count, and I still think the only reason the police bother me is because I'm black." or if you're Eminem, "...and I think everyone should cut me a break because my mom is white trash."
                            "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
                            -Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
                              Why do they always think that they can get away?
                              He did get away -- the first time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3080 users online. 190 members and 2890 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X