• Carbonfiberfoot
    replied
    wrong thread

Leave a comment:

• Big Red
    Forum Member

• Big Red
    replied
    I don't get why the Officer wastes his time arguing with the guy on the street corner, just take your prisoner and leave, don't sit around trying to explain to him what you did, hes not going to get it. I never sit and try to argue or explain things to people like that.

Leave a comment:

• LA Copper
    Forum Member

• LA Copper
    replied
    If it is real, which as you say it does appear to be, it just goes to show us that you never know when you're being video and audio taped. That mic was very strong, that's for sure! It sounded like the officer was actually wearing it.

Leave a comment:

• sweetcynic
    Forum Member

• sweetcynic
    replied
    Well, if it's fake, they fooled the SF Chronlicle and got a response from the SFPD.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=48696

From the article:

"Sgt. Wilfred Williams, a Police Department spokesman, confirmed the arrest. He said Stow was going to be cited for violating the city's skateboarding code, but that the violation turned into an arrest after Stow could not provide identification, which the sergeant said is standard procedure. Our efforts to reach Stow have been unsuccessful.

As for the rest of what happened, Williams would say only, "We're aware of the incident. The officer has been assigned station duty and an investigation is under way."

Williams would not confirm the officer's name, explaining that it was a personnel matter."

Leave a comment:

• LA Copper
    Forum Member

• LA Copper
    replied
    I have to wonder if this video is real. If it is, that's the best microphone I've ever heard. The video camera is initially hidden somewhere across the street but the officer sounds clear as heck, as if he's actually wearing the mic... doesn't seem right.

Also, the video's been edited; what happened during that time. I also wonder why the officer was by himself when there were so many "suspects" around him. I would think an officer outnumbered the way he was would call for additional units to assist, just in case. That's how I and folks with my department would've handled it.

Just seems kinda fishy to me.

Leave a comment:

• miltownsrt6
    Forum Member

• miltownsrt6
    replied
    Excellent job and the street corner lawyer definitely would be sitting in the back of the patrol car as well.

Leave a comment:

• ISPY4U2
    Forum Member

• ISPY4U2
    replied
    Originally posted by JingleHeimrJify View Post
    LOL classic.

"There's a baby coming out of there!"

Leave a comment:

• SgtD401
    Forum Member

• SgtD401
    replied
    That's a great video jingle.

Officer Schwab, keep locking them up

Leave a comment:

• JingleHeimrJify
    Forum Member

• JingleHeimrJify
    replied
    Originally posted by LT Dangle View Post
    It certainly would have been. I would have gotten my trusty explorer, 48 E 10, to OC him for me and do the cuffin & stuffin cuz he is such a big guy and I know what an asset he is.
    Might not even have to get out of the car in that case...and be careful with that he might just put you out of a job.

lol kind of reminded me of this, gave me a chuckle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HghaoDu9Ac

Leave a comment:

• ISPY4U2
    Forum Member

• ISPY4U2
    replied
    Originally posted by OliverR View Post
    Yep I believe only those designated zones (like skate parks) are exempt. An there may be hour restrictions depending on the area you are in (residential, business district, etc.)
    Wow, that's hardcore. I know skaters on the sidewalks and crap irritate the crap out of me here, but they're usually harmless and leave folks alone.

Either way, the kid was a typical dumb kid. Being cut a break and yet he opens his pie-hole to screw it up.

I thought the officer did fine, though I thought the "snap your arm like a twig" comment might have set him up for trouble had the kid actually kept resisting.

Leave a comment:

• JingleHeimrJify
    Forum Member

• JingleHeimrJify
    replied
    Originally posted by Citizen85 View Post
    That video is tough to watch. I can't stand a street corner lawyer. These videos make me boil with how stupid people are but in strange way, nothing is more satisfying than watching hippies, skateboarders, and street preachers get arrested.
    He was even trying to help the kid in the beginning asking if anyone had something to help the headache he thought he had...then he had to go and open his mouth and say something stupid.

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    Band-aid jockey

• mikeymedic
    replied
    Good job on the Officer. I have very little patience for street lawyers.

Leave a comment:

• OliverR

• OliverR
    replied
    Originally posted by ISPY4U2 View Post
    SLightly off topic, but is it REALLY illegal to skateboard ANYWHERE in the City and/or County of San Francisco? There aren't even skate parks?
    Yep I believe only those designated zones (like skate parks) are exempt. An there may be hour restrictions depending on the area you are in (residential, business district, etc.)

Leave a comment:

• Citizen85
    Forum Member

• Citizen85
    replied
    That video is tough to watch. I can't stand a street corner lawyer. These videos make me boil with how stupid people are but in strange way, nothing is more satisfying than watching hippies, skateboarders, and street preachers get arrested.

Leave a comment:

• NextGenOfc
    Forum Member

• NextGenOfc
    replied
    One of the comments on the video:

gardensk8video (3 hours ago) I'm 41 years old and a father of 4.  This is why I tell my kids not to talk to cops. Yes even my 5 year old.

Nice job dad..nice job

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3765 users online. 240 members and 3525 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X