• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skateboarder arrested by SFPD

Any thoughts on how this was handled?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAsUOZpPN9w

Great job by the officer.
    “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

"my father is a fire fighter"
      "well thats fine"

lol...nice job by the officer, doing his job and not taking s*** from that kid

Comment

Are you sure that was a SFPD officer?? I'm from So cal so not exactly sure but that didn't look like a SFPD uniform.

I think the Officer did a good job. It seemed like he was just there to kick them out at first and make them leave to apease the residents. These kids were prying off the Metal brackets that are bolted to steps and ledges by the city to stop skateboarders. (Ie: Vandalizing) This idiot was trying to look cool in front of his homies and ended up being made to look like a b!+ch.

If I were the Officer I dont think I would have argued as long with the other guy. I would have provided my Badge number and name and left it at that...I think he kind of fuled the fire.

Comment

Although he took too much crap from John Q PUblic... I would have booked him on the 148 for delaying me.

Comment

do you think the officer could have arrested the guy at the end who kept opening his mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by NextGenOfc View Post
              do you think the officer could have arrested the guy at the end who kept opening his mouth?
              Don't think, I know.

Comment

what would the charge most likely be for? Disorderly? interfering with an investigation?
                Last edited by NextGenOfc; 10-09-2009, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NextGenOfc View Post
                  what would the charge most likely be for? Disorderly? interfering with an investigation?
                  CPC 148

Comment

Originally posted by LT Dangle View Post
                    CPC 148
                    Ok, sorry I just saw that in the video, the subtitles went by really quick at that part
                    Last edited by NextGenOfc; 10-09-2009, 02:54 PM.

Comment

That officer did pretty awesome... except maybe for the "break your arm" comment. He might have to give a little explanation for that, but the bottom line is he did NOT, in fact, use excessive force and he kept a cool head.
                      As for that "citizen", I've only been on one rideout so far, but I've witnessed that crap. File a complaint if that's what you want to do, but if you stand around and interfere, you should be arrested.
                      "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

let's hope Obama doesn't see this video..maybe he will get the facts of the case first this time - or better yet, not even comment on it.

Comment

skateboarding is not a crime!

anyway, i've seen many skater punks get handled by the long shlong of the law over the years while i rode street/freestyle bmx. yes, i got hounded by the police on a regular basis, security guards galore, and the general public. i never got arrested, never issued a ticket (even though i could have on many occasions), and never received a trespass warning.

an easy remedy is to shut the hell up and go......ELSEWHERE! portland, oregon has it real good with the folks who are into skating, blading, biking, and so on. hell, they even have the BEST DAMN skatepark in america, burnside. the milpitas skatepark, in my opinion, has nothing on the old skool nature of burnside.

Comment

I wouldn't of put up with that secondary guy, if he want's to keep yelling that's all fine and dandy. However, interfere with me and my duty you will be in jail.

Also, he is right with citing them. If an outside person(ie those fools yelling) wants to sit there and complain, then you have no choice but to cite them in order to protect yourself. He was trying to be nice and cut them a break, guess people don't want breaks.
                            In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Comment

how will citing them protect the cop? (I'm not being a smart*** lol, just wondering) Just to get their names? Since I assume he will be putting all their names in the report too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4376 users online. 275 members and 4101 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X