Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will we ever get to have fully auto weapons?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we ever get to have fully auto weapons?

I know some people say, Incorporation first, and then fully automatic weapons and what not next.

With SCOTUS saying "weapons in common usage" and fully automatic's not being in common usage that doesn't look good, but people say if they were legal then many more people would have them and they would be in common usage..............

What is the chance of us ever being able to possess fully automatic weapons?

Basically a repeal of the NFA Act of 1934 and without having to have a Class 3.

(Sorry, I was in a hurry when I wrote the OP.)
    Last edited by HEDP; 10-08-2009, 11:20 PM.

News flash, you can legally own them, there is a process that you have to go through it takes some time and money, but YES you can own them.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

If you can't afford the weapon, you can't afford the ammo!

Seriously though, aside from the full auto 10/22 I lust after, why would you want one? Home defense? Hunting? Target shooting? Zombie Apocalypse?
      **Not a LEO**

Comment

Originally posted by TimK View Post
        If you can't afford the weapon, you can't afford the ammo!

Seriously though, aside from the full auto 10/22 I lust after, why would you want one? Home defense? Hunting? Target shooting? Zombie Apocalypse?
        Mowing down idiots from Ask A Cop.

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post

I know some people say, Incorporation first, and then fully semi-automatic weapons and what not next.

With SCOTUS saying "weapons in common usage" and fully semi-automatic's not being in common usage that doesn't look good, but people say if they were legal then many more people would have them and they would be in common usage..............

What is the chance of us ever being able to possess fully automatic weapons?

What the heck are "fully semi-automatics"?

Let's agree on nomenclature before we actually start debating guns...

Comment

Lol....

in class three states you can already....but I think they have to be pre-1987 guns....
            'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
              News flash, you can legally own them, there is a process that you have to go through it takes some time and money, but YES you can own them.
              Not necessarily true.

In Iowa the are not legal-------------even with all the permits and taxes they are still ilega in Iowa.
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Pay the Stamp Tax and you won't have any problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

Comment

Originally posted by LT Dangle View Post
                  Mowing down idiots from Ask A Cop.
                  LOL..........what he said!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by S.O.444 View Post
                    Pay the Stamp Tax and you won't have any problems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

Yes, but I don't think it's that simple.

If I'm correct you also have to purchase a weapon that was made prior to 1986, which makes them expensive.

I believe that weapons made after 1986 are for LEO and Military use only.

Also, should a right really be taxed?

Comment

I have a full auto colt sub-mac that shoots 9mm...don't bring it on patrol that often but we do have them.

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post
                        Yes, but I don't think it's that simple.

If I'm correct you also have to purchase a weapon that was made prior to 1986, which makes them expensive.

I believe that weapons made after 1986 are for LEO and Military use only.

Also, should a right really be taxed?

I dunno, honestly. Call your local ATF office and ask to speak with a supervisor agent. They can rattle all of that off to you. In the time that I have been a street cop, every prohibited weapon arrest that I have been made was a state-level charge. The feds work a little differently. Should a right be taxed? No. But does it explicitly state in the US Bill of Rights that you have the right to own/carry a fully automatic firearm? Nope. You have the right to bear arms, but states can enforce more stringent laws as they see fit. Call the local ATF office to get your answers. I doubt they will trace your call unless you are a complete sociopath.

Comment

But does it explicitly state in the US Bill of Rights that you have the right to own/carry a fully automatic firearm?
                          Just to play the devils advocate, when the Bill of Rights was written they were no automatic arms but they did refer to the militia which was the people. What are the common arms used for the military as that is what they probably referred to?

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe...eum/index.html
                            Last edited by Nobody; 10-15-2009, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelbyfan
                              legal in GA, you can tote them anywhere thats legal to carry a handgun/rifle
                              Not fully automatic weapons. You will need a special permit for full autos.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2978 users online. 137 members and 2841 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X