300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHS decertifies Arizona sheriff for immigration enforcement

Say, isn’t the primary mission of the Department of Homeland Security to, er, secure the homeland? Someone needs to remind Janet Napolitano of that mission, which includes enforcing immigration laws, after her agency decertified Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and his deputies for acting as ICE agents in that specific mission. Arpaio’s sin? He apparently had too much enthusiasm for the job.
    http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...-of-homel.html

OMG!! they better barricade the offices now, bet he's p*ssed..

Comment

What'd be really amusing, is if he brought out his mobile artillery platform, and just started putting the illegals in there, and shooting THEM across the border.

Comment

De- certifying Sheriff Arpaio and his Department is within the options of DHS and Secretaty Napolitano. Is it a wise action? Probably not. Was pressure brought to bear by "immigrant rights" groups? We can pretty well bet the farm on that one. The DHS actions are probably a pretty good indication of this Adminstration's determination NOT to properly enforce existing immigration laws. The previous Adminstration was equally determined to not enforce them either. Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
          De- certifying Sheriff Arpaio and his Department is within the options of DHS and Secretaty Napolitano. Is it a wise action? Probably not. Was pressure brought to bear by "immigrant rights" groups? We can pretty well bet the farm on that one. The DHS actions are probably a pretty good indication of this Adminstration's determination NOT to properly enforce existing immigration laws. The previous Adminstration was equally determined to not enforce them either. Just my .02
          I am curious about how the new "kinder and gentler" treatment of those who are awaiting a deportation hearing works in practice.
          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Honestly I could care less about Joe and his work in stopping illegals from crossing the border. Everything else I can disagree on with him to some extent.

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post
              Honestly I could care less about Joe and his work in stopping illegals from crossing the border. Everything else I can disagree on with him to some extent.
              Not exactly what you're trying to say here...? I know alot of people think he's a publicity hound and that may be true for all I know. However, I know that guy gets results and he's not afraid to ruffle a few feathers ir pursuit of getting the job done. A very rare characteristic for somebody in law enforcemnet management.

I'd be proud to work for a guy with balls as big as that guy has. He backs up his management team as well. When they were getting some bad press over some perceived racial profiling, a LT went public and point blank told the mayor of PHX to "Shut up" because he had no idea what he was talking about. All the LT's squad stood behind him, on camera, in support. It's on You Tube if you want to see it.
              "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                I am curious about how the new "kinder and gentler" treatment of those who are awaiting a deportation hearing works in practice.
                Me too. Could be interesting, and certain to please the U.N. and Amnesty International.

Comment

LINKS SUCK, they die.

Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio says he will continue his controversial "crime suppression operations" despite a Department of Homeland Security decision to strip him of authority to arrest suspected illegal immigrants based solely on their immigration status, the East Valley Tribune reports.

“It’s all politics,” says Arpaio, sheriff of Maricopa County.

Arpaio will still have the power to check the immigration status of people booked by his officers, but not the authority to conduct street patrols looking for illegal immigrants.

His “crime suppression operations” are saturation patrols in designated areas where deputies would find illegal immigrants by stopping them for traffic infractions and minor violations, the paper says.

The Department of Justice and other federal agencies are investigating the sheriff’s office on accusations of racial profiling during the operations, the paper says.

Arpaio said he will be able to still conduct the crime sweeps under state human smuggling laws and an obscure federal law that allows local police to arrest illegal immigrants.

A spokesman for the Phoenix office of ICE declined to comment until after pending agreements with the country are signed.

Comment

Who the hell is DHS to decertify anything? The sheriff doesn't work for DHS!

Comment

Originally posted by LT Dangle View Post
                      Who the hell is DHS to decertify anything? The sheriff doesn't work for DHS!
                      They don't have to give him authority to enforce federal law.
                      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                        They don't have to give him authority to enforce federal law.
                        Nor do they do that.

They can say we aren't sending our brown people in green suits to come get your brown people that you think are here without permission, but that is about it.

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post
                          I guess not your from NY. I'v been there once to New York city and I'm sure now enlish is a 3rd language there, and most in New York are content with giving their state away to left wing nuts and illegals.
                          Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                            "immigrant rights" groups?
                            You mean most Democrats?
                            "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly. -Teddy Roosevelt"

Comment

Yes...we can't have the Sheriff deporting future Democrat voters. We just don't home grow democrats in this country like we used to..they have to be imported. Having a break in their illegal US residency may jepardise their coming gift of citizenship and voter card.
                              The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4208 users online. 249 members and 3959 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X