300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish us luck!

We think we have found a house that we want to buy. Thing is....the taxes in the town it's located in are OUTRAGEOUS! It depends on how bad we reaaaaaaaaaly want to get out of this cracker jack box. The house is easily appraised at 120K but is selling for just over 100K. We can try to get the city to lower the taxes, but it's probably doubtful. We certainly will try. If the city says it's not worth more than 100K then how can they ask us to pay taxes on a 120K house? It doesn't make sense to me. The taxes are like $4100 a year. Right now in this shoebox we are paying just over 2 thousand. We're thinking of finding a mortgage co. that will let us pay our taxes on our own instead of adding it into the mortgage payments.

So anyway, this house has 1/2 acre (we currently have about .07)! Our driveway is right next to the street where cars FLY (ask VTFUZZ...he knows the area!) Our kids could get hit in a matter of a second. We basically have a small lot with no land for the kids or dogs to run. This house is on a dead end street, last house. VERY NICE condition. No work needs to be done from what the realtor says (and she's my friend and always tells it like it is). It's a raised ranch-garrison type of home with 2 living rooms and 2 woodstoves! BUT...only downfall....ELECTRIC HEAT! We'll definitely be installing a new heating apparatus if the woodstoves don't cut it. The house was built in the 80's. We go and see it on Sunday am!!

To hell with this place....I hate it. We're stepping on each other's feet and walking into walls. We only bought this to get out of an awful landlord situation and our lease was up! Time to move.

What are you paying for taxes in your town? If I'm being too nosey just tell me to shutup!

Oh and let me add, the owner died and they want to sell it asap so that is why it's selling for so little. Let's hope he didn't die in the house!! [Eek!] It's been on the market for a long time now, but I think the taxes and the fact that there is electric heat is turning people away. We have to decide if it's something we can deal with more than we can deal with this house.

[ 05-02-2003, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Tprspouse ]
    "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Good luck, and remember you'll never meet a politician that saw a tax he didn't like.

Comment

We get spanked for the town and village tax. Double dippin. Well...that is if we get the house!

And just as I typed HOUSE the phone rang and it was my realtor....can you believe it? Apparently the people who are selling it want all CASH or NO contingencies and are pains in the royal behinds. If they would have accepted one of their last full price offers which were made over 4 months ago, perhaps they would have had it sold by now. Maybe it was meant for us! LOL I have an appt on Thursday to see 4 or 5 houses including this one. Maybe if mine sells fast I can still get the one with the 2 woodstoves.

It seems so much easier to stay here and not have to go through the process of selling and buying at the same time, but every week or so I go nuts because I can't stand this house!
      "It is easier for a king to have a lie believed than a beggar to spread the truth."---Robert Strecker

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6058 users online. 344 members and 5714 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X