300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methadone

I have an old friend, whom I used to date. I haven't lived in proximity to her for almost 5 years now, due to my moving away and then joining the military. I still keep in contact with her though and we're still friends. Within the past couple of years she's gotten addicted to pills and has just recently gotten out of rehab for the second time (I'm hoping that that's the end of it but not counting on it ). Anyways, she's told me that the drug she was abusing was methadone, which she was buying off of a friend. Since we've been long distance, the only time I've seen altered behavior from her would be in text messages (this was about a year ago). She'd become very sexually aroused and naughty, texting very dirty things (and sending pictures), much more so than I'd ever seen from her before. Also, she said it'd keep her up for a long time. I didn't know she was under the influence of anything and just figured she'd come out of her shell a little, until we had texted back and forth on a few occasions and she admitted to me that she was taking something. Is this common behavior from methadone use or is it likely she took other things that she hasn't been honest about? I read up on methadone a little bit and it doesn't seem like the kind of drug that keeps someone up for two days and causes strong sexual arousal.
    Last edited by concon02; 10-04-2009, 05:34 AM.

First off, remember methadone = heroin. Hypersexualization such as what you are describing can be attributed to methadone, but it is not the most common behavioral change. She seems like she is just acting out, how old is she?

Secondly, she sounds like an addict. Everything she says (and I do mean EVERYTHING) she says is a lie. Addicts lie to themselves, to their friends, and to their family. The addiction takes hold of them and their goal in life is to get a fix. That is why addiction is considered a disease, afterawhile the addict can not control themselves.

Comment

That seems plausible, that she's just acting out, uninhibitedly. She turned 21 several months ago.

She is/was an addict (depending on how you want to define it). Like I said, I'm hoping this second stint at rehab, as well as this recent move that she's taken to another state to live with a good married couple (whom my family are friends with) will do her some good and give her a chance to reset her priorities.

Comment

Originally posted by finfanfromWA
        First off, remember methadone = heroin. ...
        Well close, but not quite. Methadone acts on the same opioid receptors that heroin acts upon, but it is chemically different. I'll explain the differences if anyone would like me to do so.

Bayer was doing research involving addition of acetyl groups to bioactive chemicals, and produced substances including acetylsalicylic acid, which they brand-named Aspirin, and diacetylmorphine, which they brand-named Heroin, "the sedative for coughs".

And they were apparently quite proud of some of their other pharmacological accomplishments too:

Oh and let us please not forget the nifty pocket pack:

I love how they advertised it as the least expensive drug of its kind:

They were competing against such products as this at the time:

That was intended for teething babies, so it had only about 65 mg. of morphine per fl. oz.. The opium content of standard laudanum was equivalent to about 300 mg. morphine per fl. oz.. So I guess the "soothing syrup" was likely to produce only a comparitively mild addiction in the babies to whom it was spoonfed.
        Hypersexualization such as what you are describing can be attributed to methadone, but it is not the most common behavioral change. She seems like she is just acting out, how old is she?
        Good comments and good question.
        Secondly, she sounds like an addict. Everything she says (and I do mean EVERYTHING) she says is a lie. Addicts lie to themselves, to their friends, and to their family. The addiction takes hold of them and their goal in life is to get a fix. That is why addiction is considered a disease, after a while the addict can not control themselves.
        Pretty much agree with this.

Of course, back then, if you got a little drowsy from the opioids, you could just snarf a little something, and you'd soon be just fine!

I think the prohibitions have eliminated nothing, and have mainly made things worse, but I think we might be able to achieve beneficial regulation of the advertising.

Comment

Well I'll put my 2c in. It was created in WWII by the Nazis to replace morphine on the battlefield, and it can have some nasty a** physiological aspects that can involve adverse mental reactions. The one thing that blows me away is that it IS one of the most addictive drugs prescribed and that may opioid users are able to stop taking heroin, oxy, opium and others but many others addicted will tell you that they cannot stop taking methadone and constantly relapse, bad ju ju..
          I have not heard that it causes a greater sexual desire in some people than others but then again people are different chemically and mentally and metabolize drugs with differing outcomes..........may-be.

*edit, sorry I said the Nazis created methadone to replace "opium" I meant to say 'morphine'......fixed. deee, dee,dee
          Last edited by StainlessSteve; 10-04-2009, 06:14 PM. Reason: err....er

Comment

Have fun with that one there buddy.

Comment

mdma (ecstasy) or GHB most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by AJG8 View Post
                mdma (ecstasy) or GHB most likely.
                That's what I was thinking. If she's getting extra-horny, Vitamin X or coke. If it's the latter, tell her 1987 called and wants its drugs back.
                Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Change your number and forget the looser.

Comment

Run away. Find a female with a smaller basket of problems.

Comment

It's not my fashion to just ditch a friend... But I don't look at her as potential mate material anymore. I haven't for some time.

Comment

so what is your "fashion" why are you asking these questions? I hope it is for your own personal enlightenment, because you can't make her change.

Comment

Any number of chemicals could cause increased libido, or maybe she is just a horny girl in general.

Methadone is not chemically similar to heroin at all (or any other opioid), IMHO it is worse from a addiction standpoint because of its very long duration of action.
                          Last edited by Ceridwen; 10-08-2009, 04:11 PM.

Comment

She's going to have to want to change if there will be any of that.

Comment

man that stinks. Wish ya luck
                              Last edited by bigdog904; 06-27-2010, 08:45 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2081 users online. 142 members and 1939 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X