X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film makers support child rapist

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movi...est/index.html

Why am I not suprised?
    "Life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward"- Rocky Balboa

Black Labs Matter!

First... though the victim apparently doesn't want the court proceedings to move forward *$$$$* he should obviously still pay for his crime. That being said, two questions:

1) Why did they wait until now to make this arrest? It's my understanding it could have been done plenty of times, in countries that would extradite.

2) Who the f*** do these film makers think they are?

"We are calling every filmmaker we can to help fix this terrible situation," his company told CNN in a statement.
    I hope none of their daughters ever falls prey to a child predator.

Comment

The man pled guilty, what part of that do these people not understand, he was convicted, he needs to serve his time. It is not like this is the start of the trial, he admitted guilt, he fled to avoid time, he admits to that, what is wrong with this country.
      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

I think Whoopi said it best,
        Originally posted by Whoopi
        I know it wasn't rape-rape. I think it was something else, but I don't believe it was rape-rape.
        Oh, well as long as it was just rape and not "rape-rape" then he should totally be let go right? It's not like he got a 13 Y/O girl drunk and then forced himself on her multiple ti . . . wait, nevermind.

Comment

He'll get off, I'm sure. They'll throw out a bunch of arguments about how he didn't know what he was doing because of the stress he faced from his wife's murder by the Manson Family. Then the next thing you know, there's going to be calls for change in sex offense laws from the left. Rapist will become a new sexual orientation.
          Last edited by GangGreen712; 09-30-2009, 09:49 AM.
          "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
          -Chris Rock

Comment

Disgusting. Back in the 70's he pled guilty and cooperated until he thought the judge was actually going to give him prison time instead of just "time served". What a loser. At least they finally caught up to him.

Comment

Originally posted by marcusindc View Post
              First... though the victim apparently doesn't want the court proceedings to move forward *$$$$* he should obviously still pay for his crime. That being said, two questions:

1) Why did they wait until now to make this arrest? It's my understanding it could have been done plenty of times, in countries that would extradite.

2) Who the f*** do these film makers think they are?

I hope none of their daughters ever falls prey to a child predator.

In answer to your questions:

1) The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office didn't "wait" for anything. Polanski lives in France, where he can't be extradited. When the LADA learned he was planning on visiting Switzerland (where he could be extradited), they notified Swiss authorities who arrested him.

2) The "film makers" think (know?) they're better than the rabble that pays to watch their films.

Edited to add: I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see that director John Landis is one of Polanski's supporters. He demonstrated his lack of concern about children's welfare in 1982, when he unlawfully hired two underage kids and placed them in a dangerous situation that led to their deaths (along with that of actor Vic Morrow) on the set of the "Twilight Zone" movie. http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...ht_zone/1.html

If you have a lot of money, are a member of the Hollywood "elite" or have a huge church providing resources to help you evade justice, there's one set of rules. If you're the neighborhood soccer coach, a homeless person or a trusted teacher, you live by another set.
              Last edited by pulicords; 09-30-2009, 11:14 AM.
              "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by ThinBlueLine05 View Post
                I think Whoopi said it best,

Oh, well as long as it was just rape and not "rape-rape" then he should totally be let go right? It's not like he got a 13 Y/O girl drunk and then forced himself on her multiple ti . . . wait, nevermind.

Comment

Thanks Whoopie! If we'd known it was the kid's mom's fault, Polanski could have been spared all this grief from the beginning.
                  "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Well it's good to know she wouldn't "necessarily" want her 14 Y/O to have sex with a middle aged man.

Comment

Woopie is trying to make an argument that young girls (13, 14 year old) in Europe/world are "seen", WTF?...The crime went down here in the states and he should be delt with...Who cares how the rest of the world sees young girls...

Man, that's some sick crap...No way in the world can I defend a child molester, some of these "stars"/"filmmakers" are souless and heartless...
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't get how people can say that its not a bid deal....how many little girls do you think that he has been with since then or before then that he got away with? Someone like that doesn't do this kind of thing once and then is done....I could never stand by someone that is such a dirt bag....and ow the crap do the other people thing that they can get this guy out?? people are so ridiculous.
                        " the only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything." -Theodore Roosevelt

"Smart is when you believe only half of what you hear. Brilliant is when you know which half to believe." -Orben's Current Comedy

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                          In answer to your questions:

1) The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office didn't "wait" for anything. Polanski lives in France, where he can't be extradited. When the LADA learned he was planning on visiting Switzerland (where he could be extradited), they notified Swiss authorities who arrested him.

2) The "film makers" think (know?) they're better than the rabble that pays to watch their films.

Edited to add: I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see that director John Landis is one of Polanski's supporters. He demonstrated his lack of concern about children's welfare in 1982, when he unlawfully hired two underage kids and placed them in a dangerous situation that led to their deaths (along with that of actor Vic Morrow) on the set of the "Twilight Zone" movie. http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...ht_zone/1.html

If you have a lot of money, are a member of the Hollywood "elite" or have a huge church providing resources to help you evade justice, there's one set of rules. If you're the neighborhood soccer coach, a homeless person or a trusted teacher, you live by another set.
                          X-2....Additional thoughts, not that it's easy to expand on one of puli's posts.
                          I grew up in Los Angeles,not too far from many of the major studio's. The movie colony has alrways been a little Liberal oriented, but nothing like today's crew. Henry Fonda, a Liberal, served as an Officer in Navy in WWII. He was in combat in the Pacific, and decorated. Betty Davis was instrumental in the opening and operation of the Hollywood Canteen. A venue where Armed Forces personnel could relax, and actually be waited on by major motion picture stars. The point I'm attempting to make is, these were patriotic Americans. They knew what was at stake, they did their part. Today's crew are Liberal because it's fashionable, it's trendy.People like Sean Penn, Whoopie Goldberg aka Karen Johnson, Susan Serandon,Michael Moore, all are purveyors of the misplaced sympathy and empathy so endemic in Hollywood today. They are essentially hypocrits, who live by a totally different set of rules, Rules which government all too often given in to. Polanski is a convicted child molester. He's had his day in court. The fact that his "victim" no longer wants to prosecute is immaterial. She already has. He's toast. He's convicted, and he's in a Swiss slammer. Hopefully, it won't be too long before his genial host is Sheriff Lee Baca, and later Arnold Schwartzenegger. That's the LA County Jail, and Calif DC respectively.

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/07/...ion/index.html
                            Last edited by Nobody; 10-08-2009, 10:43 AM.

Comment

As far as I am concerned they can put a bullet in his head and save all the money for legal expenses. I have no use for child molesters.

The only good child molester is the one pushing up daisy's from 6 feet under....
                              Retired LASD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6169 users online. 342 members and 5827 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X