300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handcuffed Man Shoots At Officers

Short clip also available at the site that I was unable to embed here.

Suisun City Police Department officials are investigating circumstances that led a handcuffed suspect to fire a gun at officers.

Late Friday morning police said two officers pulled 25-year-old John Bueno over for an alleged moving violation on the 1400 block of Pelican Way.

Chief of Police Ed Dadisho said Bueno was uncooperative with the officers, forcing them to push Bueno to the ground during a weapons search.

Dadisho said the officers believe that sent a gun hidden in Bueno's groin area down his pant leg.

"So when officers picked him up and walked him to the car, their feeling was that he had already been searched in those areas," Dadisho said.

After Bueno was handcuffed with his hands behind his back, an officer put Bueno in a patrol car. While inside, Bueno managed to bring his hands in front of him and grab his gun.

"When the gun was pointed at the officer, the officer moved out of the way, but he still had contact with the suspect. As soon as the shot went off, the officer pulled the suspect to the ground," Dadisho said.

What started as a simple traffic stop is now under administrative investigation to determine if negligence or a lack of training affected the outcome.

"I don't know that yet, so we are going to wait until all of the investigations are done," Dadisho said.

Dadisho also said increased training on suspect search techniques will likely result from the investigation. He said sergeants are already reminding officers about best practices for a thorough search.

Meanwhile, those who live on Pelican Way said what happened was a real shock.

"You don't expect that to happen here. It's usually something people go to Suisun to get away from," Bernard Slack said.

"Usually it's actually really quiet," said Tyshawn Kidane.

"This awakened a lot of people, I would say," Dadisho said.

Officers were a bit shaken up after the incident, but Dadisho said they are doing much better. Dadisho said he is glad no one got hurt.

Bueno faces charges for attempted murder along with 11 other charges.

His arraignment could occur as early as Tuesday.
    Be careful out there folks!

I watched the clip.

Two things to remember: Handcuffed does not equal out of the fight

AND

Never pressure wash a motorcycle like the everyman in the street interview.
    I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Yes, please be careful.

Geesh the media always wants to throw the police under the bus.

And +1 no pressure washing of motorcycles, but water alone won't hurt.

Comment

That is very unfortunate.

Comment

TSA type wanding for metal?

Comment

I learned that there's a place named Suisun City in California

Comment

Originally posted by silasblack View Post
              I didn't post this expecting anyone to be surprised, as much as I wanted it to be a reminder to everyone that it does happen.

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                I watched the clip.

Two things to remember: Handcuffed does not equal out of the fight

AND

Never pressure wash a motorcycle like the everyman in the street interview.
                +1..........
                "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Originally posted by silasblack View Post
                  It's near Fairfield, about halfway between the Bay Area and Sackatomatoes.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

A Des Moines police officer lost his life back in 1977 from a handcuffed suspect, who put up a struggle with several police officers standing around him, and he managed to get one's gun, and start blasting while whirling around- WITH HIS HANDS CUFFED BEHIND HIS BACK!!! The officer got hit by one of those shots.
                    Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6772 users online. 363 members and 6409 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X