Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85-Year-Old Threatens Police Sergeant With BB Gun

From: http://cbs2chicago.com/local/bb.gun....2.1213481.html

An 85-year-old man was promptly arrested after allegedly threatening a sergeant with a BB gun he'd hidden under a hat while he contested a parking ticket Saturday afternoon in northwest suburban Huntley.

Peter J. Reilly of 12967 Penefield Lane in Huntley was charged with a misdemeanor count of unlawful use of a weapon after allegedly bringing the gun to the Huntley Police Dept. about 2 p.m. Saturday, according to a release from police.

Reilly came into the front lobby to complain about a parking ticket, approached the front window and spoke with the records division sergeant about his ticket, the release said. During the conversation, he became angry and took out a black handgun he'd concealed in a hit he was holding in his hands.

Reilly allegedly pointed the gun at the records sergeant, who was in an area protected by bulletproof glass, the release said.

Reilly refused repeated orders to drop the weapon, but officers quickly responded to the lobby and were able to take it away without incident. There were no reports of injuries.

Police later discovered the gun was a BB gun. However, it was equipped with laser sites which gave it the appearance of a real handgun, the release said.

"This situation could have quickly turned tragic," Depucty Chief Todd Fulton said. "We are very fortunate this incident ended as peacefully as it did."

Reilly posted $100 cash bond and was released with a court date of Oct. 23 in McHenry County Court in Woodstock.

You always post the best news man I also like how you he only posted $100 bond.

Comment

Does this mean I can go up to my local law enforcement agency, scare the crap out of everyone - and do it while not being harmed for the low low price of 100 dollars?!

Comment

Originally posted by JD_TO View Post
        ...only posted $100 bond.
        Yeah, isn't that unbelievable? This obviously disturbed man is now back out on the street. Let's cross our fingers he doesn't get pulled over anytime soon and he feel the step it up even more.

Comment

What I find equally unbelieveable is that he didn't get dropped permanently right there in the lobby.

Comment

County probably doesn't want to be stuck with an 85 year old's medical bills.

They probably figure he'll keel over before the trial, anyway.
            I miss you, Dave.
            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

That was a good idea...though the consequences don't seem to be too harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
                What I find equally unbelieveable is that he didn't get dropped permanently right there in the lobby.
                Thats where my mind went. I was thinking shouldn't that headline read, "BB gun wielding 85 year old shot shot by police"
                "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

— John Stuart Mill

Comment

Taser taser taser!

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
                    Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by TS6034 View Post
                      Taser taser taser!

My taser stays on the belt in a gun fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TS6034 View Post
                        Taser taser taser!
                        Then the article states "Police taser elderly man with poor parking skills."

Comment

2 rounds center mass.
                          Most people fail because they trade what they want MOST, for what they want at the MOMENT.

The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, WHO can know it?
                          -Jeremiah 17:9

Is it any surprise that cops don't trust anyone?

Comment

That's one spiffy BB gun he had if it came with "laser sites".

Comment

BB Guns are getting more advanced these days. Just look at this bb gun with laser.

Or this one....

Last edited by az4code23; 09-30-2009, 10:01 AM.
                              "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6279 users online. 324 members and 5955 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X