Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1,400 lb Bull Drags Officers Down New Jersey Street

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1,400 lb Bull Drags Officers Down New Jersey Street

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,556583,00.html

    PATERSON, N.J. — Police say a 1,400-pound bull that escaped from a northern New Jersey slaughterhouse dragged officers with a lasso down a street and ran 10 blocks before being captured and sedated.

    Chief John DeCando, spokesman for Paterson Police's animal control division, says the bull was being unloaded at ENA Meat Packing Inc. when it broke loose just before 8:30 a.m. Monday.

    Police tried to corral the bull by lassoing a rope around the animal's neck, but it dragged officers down the street instead, The Record of Bergen County reported.

    DeCando says traffic was light during the bull run.

    Officers finally corralled the animal and DeCando was able to sedate it.

    No injuries were reported. The bull was returned to the slaughterhouse.

  • #2
    This happens atleast once a year.
    We ride for those who died!

    RIP SgtCHP!

    Comment


    • #3
      Seems like there aught to at least be some steaks involved to sweeten the deal.

      Comment


      • #4
        Worthless without video!
        "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

        Comment


        • #5
          Usually it happens in other countries. Hope the officer is okay. Would also like to see a video. However, it is believable though. When my pa was a young boy around my age, he was riding a bull at the rodeo and the bull bucked him, then used his horn and sliced my pa's stomach open. They had to rush him to the ER and you can still see the scar til this day.
          "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
            Usually it happens in other countries. Hope the officer is okay. Would also like to see a video. However, it is believable though. When my pa was a young boy around my age, he was riding a bull at the rodeo and the bull bucked him, then used his horn and sliced my pa's stomach open. They had to rush him to the ER and you can still see the scar til this day.
            Yep an animal that size can kill you in a heartbeat, probably better to deal with out in the open than to be trapped in a pen with him.

            Bill
            Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

            Comment


            • #7
              I guess tasering him would just pee him off?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by willbird View Post
                Yep an animal that size can kill you in a heartbeat, probably better to deal with out in the open than to be trapped in a pen with him.

                Bill
                Yea, being trapped in a cage with a mean bull named "Stomp" is no fun, especially when he's ripping you apart, and paying no attention to the bullfighters.
                "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                  I guess tasering him would just pee him off?
                  Yea, you'd need more than one taser. lol
                  "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
                    Yea, you'd need more than one taser. lol
                    Not if you're using this taser!

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px_N2WLE1yo

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BD380 View Post
                      Not if you're using this taser!

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px_N2WLE1yo
                      LMAO! Sorry but that was funny! But he didn't stay down long. But in any event, long enough to get the bullrider out of the way if it were an emergency. I like how at the end it said "Not for Human Use" LMAO! And the bull got tased by a MX Animal Taser. I'm doing some research right now on google, I am interested in learning more about this taser. Thanks for the vid! But that bull also looked kind of small.
                      "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Here's another approach (in Morocco about 50 years ago). That's my paternal Grandpa on the right. Grandma wrote the caption.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                          Here's another approach (in Morocco about 50 years ago). That's my paternal Grandpa on the right. Grandma wrote the caption.

                          That's a nice picture monty!
                          "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That's actually Sully and Trigger back in the day.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Obvious question: Why not let go of the rope? LOL

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4413 users online. 309 members and 4104 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X