Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLICE or FBI being a foreigner

Hi

First of all I'm sorry if it's not the apropiatte forum for this issue.

I'm spanish but I have been living in the USA for some months. I came here as an au pair and loved this country, I found a great community and now I can't imagine living in aother place. But in my country I was preparing for police inspector. I can't decide for one of those things, being a police or living here so my question is if there is any chance to work here in the police or fbi. I know I must be a USA citizen, could you tell me If It would be possible please.

Thanks

Originally posted by gnosiene View Post
    I know I must be a USA citizen, could you tell me If It would be possible please.
    Pretty much anwsered your own question there bud

Comment

Everything you need to know is on this web site:

http://www.fbijobs.gov/111.asp
      sigpic
      Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
      And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/07/...ion/index.html
        Last edited by Nobody; 10-08-2009, 09:40 AM.

Comment

If you are a native speaker of a certain other language, you might be good for FBI, DEA, or a few other federal agencies too.....

Comment

I'm guessing that there's plenty of Spanish speakers here already.

Comment

Best thing I can tell you is get citizenship, a four-year degree, do an intern, then apply. Anything is possible! Good luck!
              "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Now, there are SOME state and local agencies that don't require citizenship...however, i recommend getting it anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
                  Everything you need to know is on this web site:

http://www.fbijobs.gov/111.asp
                  Don't forget to look at the professional staff jobs...they are always looking for linguists with fluency.

http://www.fbijobs.gov/124.asp

Best of luck to you!
                  "Inside me is something that is too stupid to quit. I don't know where it comes from or why it is, but it is there and always has been."

Comment

Every place I personally know requires US citizenship. It may be statewide also elswhere but in Louisiana for example the state only certifies US citizens.
                    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

from nanny to FBI agent?

you should make a Disney movie

Comment

welcome to america! now speak english!
                        i just wish for now that usa would just shut down all our borders.
                        figure out our immgration policy. bring all our troops home and stand guard at our borders. the US will apologize to the world for our "interfere" in thier affairs past and present. you know hitler, mussolini,stalin,tojo,noregia,milosevic,hussien and the rest of those "good ole boys". we will never interfere again.. best advice. visit and then go back home.we'd like your money. and stay there. we'd tell the saudis and arabs that we will pay them ten dollars a barrel of oil. no ..? okay see ya later. we get somebody who will take andrew jackson.and we will figure out something without those guys in bathrobes.
                        Last edited by pfchell; 09-29-2009, 04:27 PM.
                        break censorship chains

Comment

i just wish for now that usa would just shut down all our borders.
                          figure out our immgration policy. bring all our troops home and stand guard at our borders.
                          Where would we get oil and cheap consumer electronics? And who would dig our ditches and be our house keepers?

we'd tell the saudis and arabs that we will pay them ten dollars a barrel of oil. no ..?
                          People might SAY they'd endure long lines at the gas pump to thumb our noses at the "guys in the bathrobes" but that would last about a day.

Inicidentally, I'm pretty Saudis are Arabs....and Iranians are not.
                          Last edited by On The; 09-29-2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Even for a state or local agency which does not require citizenship, you still need - at minimum - to be a permanent resident, or have a "green" card. That means you must have been admitted to the U.S. to live for good, which is something being an au pair is not going to allow you to do. Need to find another way to stay here permanantly. After that, anything should be possible.
                            "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4485 users online. 274 members and 4211 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X