Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cockney Corner.
    replied
    In fairness, looking at it from the Sheriff's point of view, he polices a small and none too prosperous community. Keeping two people in custody is costing him money, particularly as the offence is a) none too serious and b) happened in a different state. If I were in his position, and the only thing keeping him from getting shot of them was a 10 minute drive to the ATM, I'd do the same.

Leave a comment:

• pulicords
    replied
    Originally posted by PeteBroccolo View Post
    Actually, we do that quite regularly up here, but we never have such high-profile "clients", bail is generally nowhere near that high, nor are the offences that serious $ value.

IF / WHEN cash bail is required, it is generally $500. MOST releases are Promise To Appears, Recognizances or Undertakings, with few if any conditions. Cash bail will generally be sought, ordered and paid by non-residents of this Province, and FTA Court will often result in being remanded into custody with revocation of bail; the bail MOST OFTEN is applied to ensuing fines assessed.
    From the most recent news on this lovely couple: "After the couple missed four previous voluntary court appearances, an arrest warrant went out for them, and the District Attorney's office was proceeding with extraditing the Quaids from Texas to California until bond was posted. The court is now preparing a new arrest warrant with the new bail conditions, and extradition proceedings will kick in again."

It's nice to see folks who take the criminal justice system so seriously get such treatment from LEOs like the sheriff. It isn't bad enough that these people are wasting the time of the court and prosecutor's office, we're driving them around like a free taxi service. "Starstruck" LEOs (like the sheriff) only enable chronic lawbreakers to continue flaunt their violations. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• BCSD Frank
    replied
    Originally posted by DAL View Post
    Very timely.

Randy and Evi Quaid skip court date today

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/12/1...id.skip.court/
    They are much too important to do something like show up for court. The laws are only written for the little people. They don't apply to celebrities and sports figures.

Leave a comment:

• PeteBroccolo
    replied
    Originally posted by pulicords View Post
    "Quaid and his wife, Evi, each posted $20,000 Thursday night after spending several hours in the jail in Marfa, Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominguez said.

Dominguez said he drove the actor to a bank to obtain the bail money. Quaid, 58, remained in his custody during the trip but was not handcuffed. The sheriff said the actor received no special treatment.

"I like to help everybody out," Dominguez said. "It's a small town.
    "

Yea, right. I'm sure Sheriff Dominguez drives all the arrestees in his town to the banks so they can obtain bail. He probably accepts personal checks too....
    Actually, we do that quite regularly up here, but we never have such high-profile "clients", bail is generally nowhere near that high, nor are the offences that serious $ value.

IF / WHEN cash bail is required, it is generally $500. MOST releases are Promise To Appears, Recognizances or Undertakings, with few if any conditions. Cash bail will generally be sought, ordered and paid by non-residents of this Province, and FTA Court will often result in being remanded into custody with revocation of bail; the bail MOST OFTEN is applied to ensuing fines assessed.

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    Originally posted by ChopperCopper View Post
    Random Bump!!!
    Very timely.

Randy and Evi Quaid skip court date today

When they posted bond last month, it looked like Randy Quaid and his wife, Evi, would finally make it to a Santa Barbara courthouse to face felony charges related to allegedly skipping out on a $10,000 luxury hotel bill.

Leave a comment:

• Floyd_jones
    replied
    at first I thought it was general hawk... but now I am relieved...

Leave a comment:

• ChopperCopper
    replied
    Random Bump!!!

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied
    Originally posted by pulicords View Post
    "Quaid and his wife, Evi, each posted $20,000 Thursday night after spending several hours in the jail in Marfa, Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominguez said.

Dominguez said he drove the actor to a bank to obtain the bail money. Quaid, 58, remained in his custody during the trip but was not handcuffed. The sheriff said the actor received no special treatment.

"

Yea, right. I'm sure Sheriff Dominguez drives all the arrestees in his town to the banks so they can obtain bail. He probably accepts personal checks too. FWIW: The earlier articles indicated Quaid's wife resisted the arresting officer(s) attempt to handcuff her, but those charges were dropped.

Anyone care to guess how long it takes for the framed, autographed photo of the "suspects" and the sheriff to appear in his office?
    I was kind of thinking the same thing.... I guarantee not too many inmates have the luxury of the sheriff driving them to the bank to make a withdrawal to pay for bail, not that majority of them (inmates) are worth the drive and time anyways, especially not these two ding bats....
    Last edited by az4code23; 09-27-2009, 02:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    Maybe the sheriff did not want to have to pay overtime to keep the jail open, especially with a female prisoner.

Presidio County, TX
    The county was named for the settlement of Presidio del Norte

Presidio County is one of 254 counties in Texas. The estimated population in 2004 was 7,639. This was an increase of 4.59% from the 2000 census.
    In 2002, the per capita personal income in Presidio County was $14,435. This was an increase of 25.9% from 1997. The 2002 figure was 47% of the national per capita income, which was $30,906.

· Mexican - 80%
    · Other Hispanic or Latino - 5%
    · German - 3%
    · Irish - 3%
    · English - 2%
    · Scottish - 1%

Marfa is a city in Presidio County.

It is the county seat.

The community was named for one of Fyodor Dostoevski's fictional characters. However, there is some dispute about whether the name is a reference to Crime and Punishment or to The Brothers Karamazov; both books include a character named "Marfa"

The latitude of Marfa is 30.307N. The longitude is -104.018W.
    It is in the Central Standard time zone. Elevation is 4,685 feet.
    The estimated population, in 2003, was 2,029.

Leave a comment:

• pulicords
    replied

"

Yea, right. I'm sure Sheriff Dominguez drives all the arrestees in his town to the banks so they can obtain bail. He probably accepts personal checks too. FWIW: The earlier articles indicated Quaid's wife resisted the arresting officer(s) attempt to handcuff her, but those charges were dropped.

Anyone care to guess how long it takes for the framed, autographed photo of the "suspects" and the sheriff to appear in his office?
    Last edited by pulicords; 09-27-2009, 01:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LT Dangle
    replied
    Good criminals belong in jail. Too bad that they have the right to reasonable bail.

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied
    Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
    Yeah, I responded without remembering that quote. But let me add this, we don't know if the money was already in the account or was it transferred, there, by little brother, Dennis.
    +2. Agreed. And also, I suppose they are using a 'public defender'?? Unless Dennis got them a private attorney???

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
    True, but I was confused cause the article quoted: "Dominguez said he drove the actor to a bank to obtain the bail money."
    Yeah, I responded without remembering that quote. But let me add this, we don't know if the money was already in the account or was it transferred, there, by little brother, Dennis.

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied
    Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
    Yeah but bail bondsmen take only ten percent, so that would be $4K for the two of them, right?
    True, but I was confused cause the article quoted: "Dominguez said he drove the actor to a bank to obtain the bail money."

Even at 10 percent each, that's $8k total. And I'm sure they also have credit cards. However, I wonder why the article didn't state how much they actually used to bail out. Though, I am sure it is only 10 percent as you stated.

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    Yeah but bail bondsmen take only ten percent, so that would be $4K for the two of them, right?

One quick call to Dennis Quaid, the more successful Quaid brother, and perhaps the whole amount was posted.

Hello, Dr. Drew Pinsky? Two more volunteers for VH-1's Celebrity Rehab!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4131 users online. 261 members and 3870 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X