Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Bump!!!
    Airborne Cops are closer to God.
    Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

at first I thought it was general hawk... but now I am relieved...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperCopper View Post
        Random Bump!!!
        Very timely.

Randy and Evi Quaid skip court date today

When they posted bond last month, it looked like Randy Quaid and his wife, Evi, would finally make it to a Santa Barbara courthouse to face felony charges related to allegedly skipping out on a $10,000 luxury hotel bill.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
          "Quaid and his wife, Evi, each posted $20,000 Thursday night after spending several hours in the jail in Marfa, Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominguez said.

Dominguez said he drove the actor to a bank to obtain the bail money. Quaid, 58, remained in his custody during the trip but was not handcuffed. The sheriff said the actor received no special treatment.

"I like to help everybody out," Dominguez said. "It's a small town.
          "

Yea, right. I'm sure Sheriff Dominguez drives all the arrestees in his town to the banks so they can obtain bail. He probably accepts personal checks too....
          Actually, we do that quite regularly up here, but we never have such high-profile "clients", bail is generally nowhere near that high, nor are the offences that serious $ value.

IF / WHEN cash bail is required, it is generally $500. MOST releases are Promise To Appears, Recognizances or Undertakings, with few if any conditions. Cash bail will generally be sought, ordered and paid by non-residents of this Province, and FTA Court will often result in being remanded into custody with revocation of bail; the bail MOST OFTEN is applied to ensuing fines assessed.
          #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
          Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
          RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
          Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
          "Smile" - no!

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
            Very timely.

Randy and Evi Quaid skip court date today

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/12/1...id.skip.court/
            They are much too important to do something like show up for court. The laws are only written for the little people. They don't apply to celebrities and sports figures.
            Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteBroccolo View Post
              Actually, we do that quite regularly up here, but we never have such high-profile "clients", bail is generally nowhere near that high, nor are the offences that serious $ value.

IF / WHEN cash bail is required, it is generally $500. MOST releases are Promise To Appears, Recognizances or Undertakings, with few if any conditions. Cash bail will generally be sought, ordered and paid by non-residents of this Province, and FTA Court will often result in being remanded into custody with revocation of bail; the bail MOST OFTEN is applied to ensuing fines assessed.
              From the most recent news on this lovely couple: "After the couple missed four previous voluntary court appearances, an arrest warrant went out for them, and the District Attorney's office was proceeding with extraditing the Quaids from Texas to California until bond was posted. The court is now preparing a new arrest warrant with the new bail conditions, and extradition proceedings will kick in again."

It's nice to see folks who take the criminal justice system so seriously get such treatment from LEOs like the sheriff. It isn't bad enough that these people are wasting the time of the court and prosecutor's office, we're driving them around like a free taxi service. "Starstruck" LEOs (like the sheriff) only enable chronic lawbreakers to continue flaunt their violations. Thanks again!
              "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

In fairness, looking at it from the Sheriff's point of view, he polices a small and none too prosperous community. Keeping two people in custody is costing him money, particularly as the offence is a) none too serious and b) happened in a different state. If I were in his position, and the only thing keeping him from getting shot of them was a 10 minute drive to the ATM, I'd do the same.
                I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4074 users online. 258 members and 3816 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X