Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actor Randy Quaid and his wife are arrested

September 24, 2009 | 5:36 pm

After allegedly skipping out on a Santa Barbara hotel bill earlier this month, actor Randy Quaid and his wife, Evi, were arrested Thursday near Marfa, Texas.

Hours earlier, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department had obtained a warrant for their arrest, accusing them of running up a tab of more than $10,000 at an unidentified hotel.

Department spokesman Drew Sugars said Evi Quaid apparently put up a struggle during the arrest but "was quickly restrained.'

It was not clear whether the couple would be extradited to Santa Barbara, Sugars said.

—Steve Chawkins (L.A. Times)
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

lololololololol
    sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

Well maybe if he was a bigger celeb this thing wouldn't of happened.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
        Well maybe if he was a bigger celeb this thing wouldn't of happened.
        Yes -- then he might have made enough money to pay the bill!

Comment

*****ers full.
          It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

New "Reality Show". Celebrity Arrest of the Week. Think of all the possibilities for "Guest Host" shots. Mel Gibson, Paris Hilton, Wynona Ryder, Nick Nolte.Big bucks, tons of fun.

Comment

So, I'm reaing the daily paper and it said he and his wife posted bail. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_299567.html)

Quote: Quaid and his wife, Evi, each posted $20,000 Thursday night after spending several hours in the jail in Marfa, Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominguez told The Associated Press.

Now I'm thinking, um...yea... they had 20k each to post bail, but they didn't have 10k to pay for a hotel?????

Idiots.
              "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Yeah but bail bondsmen take only ten percent, so that would be $4K for the two of them, right?

One quick call to Dennis Quaid, the more successful Quaid brother, and perhaps the whole amount was posted.

Hello, Dr. Drew Pinsky? Two more volunteers for VH-1's Celebrity Rehab!
                "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                  Yeah but bail bondsmen take only ten percent, so that would be $4K for the two of them, right?
                  True, but I was confused cause the article quoted: "Dominguez said he drove the actor to a bank to obtain the bail money."

Even at 10 percent each, that's $8k total. And I'm sure they also have credit cards. However, I wonder why the article didn't state how much they actually used to bail out. Though, I am sure it is only 10 percent as you stated.

Comment

Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
                    True, but I was confused cause the article quoted: "Dominguez said he drove the actor to a bank to obtain the bail money."
                    Yeah, I responded without remembering that quote. But let me add this, we don't know if the money was already in the account or was it transferred, there, by little brother, Dennis.
                    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                      Yeah, I responded without remembering that quote. But let me add this, we don't know if the money was already in the account or was it transferred, there, by little brother, Dennis.
                      +2. Agreed. And also, I suppose they are using a 'public defender'?? Unless Dennis got them a private attorney???

Comment

Good criminals belong in jail. Too bad that they have the right to reasonable bail.

Comment

"Quaid and his wife, Evi, each posted $20,000 Thursday night after spending several hours in the jail in Marfa, Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominguez said.

Dominguez said he drove the actor to a bank to obtain the bail money. Quaid, 58, remained in his custody during the trip but was not handcuffed. The sheriff said the actor received no special treatment.

"I like to help everybody out," Dominguez said. "It's a small town.
                          "

Yea, right. I'm sure Sheriff Dominguez drives all the arrestees in his town to the banks so they can obtain bail. He probably accepts personal checks too. FWIW: The earlier articles indicated Quaid's wife resisted the arresting officer(s) attempt to handcuff her, but those charges were dropped.

Anyone care to guess how long it takes for the framed, autographed photo of the "suspects" and the sheriff to appear in his office?
                          Last edited by pulicords; 09-27-2009, 01:28 PM.
                          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Maybe the sheriff did not want to have to pay overtime to keep the jail open, especially with a female prisoner.

Presidio County, TX
                            The county was named for the settlement of Presidio del Norte

Presidio County is one of 254 counties in Texas. The estimated population in 2004 was 7,639. This was an increase of 4.59% from the 2000 census.
                            In 2002, the per capita personal income in Presidio County was $14,435. This was an increase of 25.9% from 1997. The 2002 figure was 47% of the national per capita income, which was $30,906.

· Mexican - 80%
                            · Other Hispanic or Latino - 5%
                            · German - 3%
                            · Irish - 3%
                            · English - 2%
                            · Scottish - 1%

Marfa is a city in Presidio County.

It is the county seat.

The community was named for one of Fyodor Dostoevski's fictional characters. However, there is some dispute about whether the name is a reference to Crime and Punishment or to The Brothers Karamazov; both books include a character named "Marfa"

The latitude of Marfa is 30.307N. The longitude is -104.018W.
                            It is in the Central Standard time zone. Elevation is 4,685 feet.
                            The estimated population, in 2003, was 2,029.

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                              "Quaid and his wife, Evi, each posted $20,000 Thursday night after spending several hours in the jail in Marfa, Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominguez said.

Dominguez said he drove the actor to a bank to obtain the bail money. Quaid, 58, remained in his custody during the trip but was not handcuffed. The sheriff said the actor received no special treatment.

"I like to help everybody out," Dominguez said. "It's a small town.
                              "

Yea, right. I'm sure Sheriff Dominguez drives all the arrestees in his town to the banks so they can obtain bail. He probably accepts personal checks too. FWIW: The earlier articles indicated Quaid's wife resisted the arresting officer(s) attempt to handcuff her, but those charges were dropped.

Anyone care to guess how long it takes for the framed, autographed photo of the "suspects" and the sheriff to appear in his office?
                              I was kind of thinking the same thing.... I guarantee not too many inmates have the luxury of the sheriff driving them to the bank to make a withdrawal to pay for bail, not that majority of them (inmates) are worth the drive and time anyways, especially not these two ding bats....
                              Last edited by az4code23; 09-27-2009, 02:02 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5217 users online. 297 members and 4920 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X