300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patrol cars repossessed by bank

What would you think if you came into work and found out that your patrol cars were repossessed by the bank? It happened in Illinois.

See the story here:

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/ar...cc4c002e0.html

And here:

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=11187368

That's not good.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
      That's not good.
      Glad we got the obvious out of the way
      -------------------------------
      You can't fix stupid, but you can arrest it. - LINY

"Their house, their rules. And when they get robbed, they can call 911 and ask them to send a hippie to protect them." - ateamer

Comment

"Chief, look! You'll never guess who's in the parking lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post

Hahahaha

"Shoot it, shoot it!!!!"

Comment

MAN THE HARPOONS!!!

Comment

IT'S BROKEN AWAY FROM THE LEASHES!

Next time they have a bank robbery, or burglary at their place, they'll have a much slower response time.

Comment

Originally posted by Oddball-Six View Post
                Glad we got the obvious out of the way
                Yes sir, not only am I great at investigations I am a master of the obvious.
                It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

I really liked how one commissioner said we'll just get the ISP(state police) to help like they have a bunch of extra guys to handle all those calls.

Comment

ho ho ho...han solo!

Comment

I never heard of a government getting a loan to buy patrol cars, although I have heard of leases. According to the article, "County Chairman Mike Caldwell received the letter from the bank on Friday and after a conversation with the bank, the five vehicles were turned over on Tuesday," so it was no surprise.
                      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                        I never heard of a government getting a loan to buy patrol cars, although I have heard of leases. According to the article, "County Chairman Mike Caldwell received the letter from the bank on Friday and after a conversation with the bank, the five vehicles were turned over on Tuesday," so it was no surprise.
                        If I am not mistaken, many cities do that and back the loans with bonds of some type. Either way this situation is crappy for the citizens of that community, it is great that ISP is stepping up and helping out, but that can not be a perminate fix, les they abandon other areas of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                          Next time they have a bank robbery, or burglary at their place, they'll have a much slower response time.
                          Yeah, But it's not the banks fault.

Comment

Imagine this, your at a traffic stop issuing a citaton and WHAM! Here comes Big Petey in a tow truck towing away your squad car.

Officer: What are you doing sir!?

Repo man: I'm towing his patrol car

Officer: How I'm gonna get home?

Violator: I can give you a ride!

Just kidding, however, that's no good. Hopefully that department will get some budgeting issues sorted out. I would hate to see more deputies get laid off and more cars repossesed, especially in this economy. Maybe the county could work out some issues with the banks. They sould have repoed some of the counties other vehicles instead of law enforcement vehicles. Did they atleast get their stuff out????
                            "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

I read in the bottom article that a sheriffs office in florida was going to send them some patrol cars paid for. That is EXTREMELY nice of them. thats something that they don't need to do at ALL. especially when your multiple states away and every state has its own finacial problems... Way to go St Lucie!!!!

"Der Schmerz ist vorübergehend, Stolz ist für immer"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2137 users online. 152 members and 1985 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X