300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homicide Detective Featured on "First 48" Murders Wife

Apparently it was a murder suicide that involved domestic issues.

http://www.wwj.com/New-Details-In-Ca...uicide/5279690
    Canton Township (WWJ) -- New details emerged Wednesday about Detroit police homicide investigator Ed Williams II, who shot and killed his wife--also a Detroit police officer--before fatally turning the gun on himself.

Williams, who killed his wife Patricia outside the Canton Township Public Library Tuesday morning, was featured on TV crime-drama show "The First 48", which follows the footsteps of police detectives and airs on the A&E cable network.

In one episode, Williams said that he didn't understand why people commit murder.

"When you have a situation, and it was that brutal, you look at it and you're like 'what type of individual would do something like this?' It amazes me that people are willing to just end someone else's life. If I was here for 25 years I would never be able to make sense out of it," Williams said.

Also, it was revealed that Patricia Williams went to Canton Police Saturday to report that her husband assaulted her, but did not press charges.

The following day, Canton police answered a domestic violence call at the couple's home. While nobody was there when they arrived, officers found a note from Ed Williams stating that he wanted his mother to have his possessions if something happens to him.
    Those who believe, ye shall receive.

Why am I not surprised it's in Detroit?

Comment

Originally posted by LINY View Post
      Why am I not surprised it's in Detroit?
      Detroit deserve all its bad press, but to be fair it's happened elsewhere...

At LAPD we had (1) an officer wait for his wife and her boyfriend to be in the act. He entered and shot them to death before turning the gun on himself. (2) A probationer who tracked down his former girlfriend and her new boyfriend (both were San Diego? or La Mesa? cops), he killed them, then himself. and (3) An officer who tracked down his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend and killed him before killing himself.
      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Things like this can happen anywhere, however it goes to show that when it comes to murder, sometimes there is no logic and there is nothing to understand. This officer had probably seen more murders and more lives ruined by that type of action than the majority of people, but in the end, it didn't help or prevent him from committing the crime. I pray for the family of the victims.
        Those who believe, ye shall receive.

Comment

I learned yesterday that my wife's cousin killed herself and her two teenage sons over the weekend. Although I didn't know the woman well, we'd met several times and she impressed me as an attractive, intelligent and caring person. She was a nurse, had no previous history of criminal activity, domestic violence or child abuse. Her sons were excellent students and active in their high school's sports programs. Everyone who knew them; family, friends and associates are in a state of shock and disbelief.

According to some reports, "Suzy" was going through a divorce and may have had terminal cancer. My wife and I haven't heard for sure about either issue, but even if both are true, it's so hard to believe a caring, sensitive person like this could not only end her own life, but end that of two young boys she loved so much.

Both situations are extremely distressing, but ultimately no one will ever know what turmoil the officer or nurse were experiencing that led to such horrific actions.
          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

This happened more than once in NY and even on LI.

Comment

It just goes to show that police stress is a real thing, it has to be dealt with the right way or it will find another outlet. God bless the families involved
              "In God we Trust...all others we frisk"

"God will judge our enemies, we will just arrainge the meeting"

OIF/OEF 2006-2007

Comment

Who ever said suicide is victimless?? Pretty trendy to take someone with you right now.

Comment

Sad situation. Is it just me or are those the most unprofessional looking departmental photos ever?
                  "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Originally posted by Looker View Post
                    Who ever said suicide is victimless?? Pretty trendy to take someone with you right now.
                    I've been thinking the same thing. Suicide has always been around but I don't remember hearing much about murder suicides before.

Comment

Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
                      Sad situation. Is it just me or are those the most unprofessional looking departmental photos ever?
                      It's probably you. What little you actually know about the deceased officers has colored your perception of who they were and how professionally they performed prior to their deaths. Making any conclusions based upon so little (and questionable) information is almost as ignorant as voicing such opinions.
                      "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Wow, I guess you never say never. Thoughts go out to BOTH families.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                          Detroit deserve all its bad press, but to be fair it's happened elsewhere...
                          (2) A probationer who tracked down his former girlfriend and her new boyfriend (both were San Diego? or La Mesa? cops), he killed them, then himself.
                          We have the 911 tape from that one.
                          Last edited by willowdared; 09-23-2009, 01:48 PM.
                          Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pulicords View Post
                            It's probably you. What little you actually know about the deceased officers has colored your perception of who they were and how professionally they performed prior to their deaths. Making any conclusions based upon so little (and questionable) information is almost as ignorant as voicing such opinions.
                            I think he's referring to the quality of the photograph taken, not the officers. I thought the same thing when I saw the photographs.

Comment

Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                              I've been thinking the same thing. Suicide has always been around but I don't remember hearing much about murder suicides before.
                              Really? Murder/suicide has been around as long as suicide.
                              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6500 users online. 362 members and 6138 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X