X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAL
    replied
    Originally posted by hemicop View Post
    That aliberal European court has no problem with people abusing the police in any way doesn't strike me as shocking at all.............
    What is surprising is that the court ruled the other way: "Police officers do not have to have a thicker skin than ordinary citizens when it comes to being sworn at or insulted, the high court ruled."

Leave a comment:

• hemicop
    replied
    Here in Phx I know many supervisors that are of the opinion we're paid to be abused & should accept it!. That aliberal European court has no problem with people abusing the police in any way doesn't strike me as shocking at all.............

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    When I was in the Netherlands, I found the police officers to be very friendly. I enjoyed talking to them. The all speak English, some better than others.

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    Originally posted by ateamer View Post
    There are two things I can't stand: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.
    LOL, +1 Austin

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    There are two things I can't stand: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

Leave a comment:

• lb18532
    replied
    Az4code23
    I agree up here in NY we have 7 sub divisions for discon one of them fits just about any twit that acts the fool.

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied
    While I agree that people shouldn't insult peace officers, I also agree it is baggage that comes with the job; constructive criticism. However, I disagree that someone should be prosecuted for merely initiating words. A citation for disorderly conduct would work just fine, but to be arrested is a little overboard. That's also a lot of unnecessary paperwork and tax dollars for a public defender....

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    started a topic Don't Insult Dutch Police Officers

Don't Insult Dutch Police Officers

Insulting police officers is a crime

Tuesday 22 September 2009

Police officers do not have to have a thicker skin than ordinary citizens when it comes to being sworn at or insulted, the high court ruled on Tuesday.

The court was looking at the case of a woman found not guilty of insulting four police officers in 2006 by calling them losers, suckers, and other swear words which loosely translate as bastard.

She was freed after a lower court said police are expected to have thick skins and to be able take some abuse.

The case is to be referred back to the appeal court for reconsideration, the Volkskrant reported on Tuesday.

'You often hear that the police should have a thick skin but that is not what the law says,' said a court spokesman. 'In fact, the opposite is the case. People who insult civil servants doing their jobs run the risk of being punished more severely.'

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archive...icers_is_a.php

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4276 users online. 231 members and 4045 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X