Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teacher jailed for sex with pupil (with a twist)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teacher jailed for sex with pupil (with a twist)

Teacher jailed for sex with pupil

A private school teacher who admitted having an unlawful relationship with a 15-year-old pupil has been jailed for 15 months at Southwark Crown Court.

Helen Goddard, 26, taught music at a prestigious central London school before her arrest in July.

Goddard, of Thornham Street, Greenwich, south-east London, pleaded guilty to six counts of sexual activity with a female child under 16.

She has also been ordered to sign the sex offenders register.

Goddard, who was known as the "j*** lady", became close to the youngster as they met over coffee after classes but was "pressured" into the relationship by the pupil, the court was told.

Their relationship became sexual and during their five-month affair the two spent a weekend in Paris, during which they attended the Gay Pride March, and nights at Goddard's home.

Under the guise of helping her we now understand that for over five months she was betraying our trust and our daughter's

Statement from girl's parents

An impact statement from the girl's parents said the teacher went "out of her way" to befriend them and their "vulnerable" daughter.

"However, under the guise of helping her we now understand that for over five months she was betraying our trust and our daughter's," they said.

"She did not stay true to her professional responsibility."

They felt "particularly betrayed" by the weekend in Paris, and added: "We are deeply upset by the impact on our daughter by Ms Goddard's actions, which has serious and enduring consequences."

Sentencing Goddard, Judge Anthony Pitts said: "This is a difficult case. The evidence showed you were having a full-on sexual relationship with the girl for many months.

"She has made it clear that the sexual contact between you was consensual and she says in her statement that in fact it was instigated by her.

"It is, of course, against the law to engage in sexual activity with a person under 16, even with her consent."

'Draconian' order

He said the "particularly aggravating feature" of the case was that Goddard continued to teach the girl music throughout their affair.

The judge added: "The relationship involved a fair degree of deception not only in respect of the school but also to the girl's parents."

The school was made aware of the affair through an anonymous e-mail tip-off, the court heard.

Police found several sex toys during a search of Goddard's home after her arrest.

The judge, who was told the girl and the teacher were genuinely in love, did not uphold the prosecution's request for a sexual offences prevention order as it would be "draconian and unnecessarily cruel" to the girl as well.

Goddard admitted six sample counts of sexual activity with the girl between February and July this year.

Goddard, a child prodigy, was one of five young musicians from England invited to play at the Sydney Olympics opening ceremony in 2000.

Anthony Heaton-Armstrong, defending, said Goddard was "very remorseful" and stressed she was "not in any sense a sexual predator".

For the highlighted passage, is there anymore to say?
    Last edited by Sense0Purpose1; 09-22-2009, 09:01 PM.
    sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

The judge/the case took place in Britain; there wouldn't have been a crime committed in France, as the age of consent there is 15.

Comment

They need to lighten up on some of the laws with this stuff.... at 15 I was a horn ball. No mental damage is done to a concenting 15 yearold when it comes to sex.
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by Dingbat View Post
        They need to lighten up on some of the laws with this stuff.... at 15 I was a horn ball. No mental damage is done to a concenting 15 yearold when it comes to sex.
        Wow! Really? Maybe if the partner(s) are themselves 15 or at least underage themselves. You really condone adults banging away at teenagers?
        sigpic
        Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
        And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingbat View Post
          I would strongly disagree. The amount of psychological leverage a 26 year old has over a 15 year old is enough to make any sexual contact non-consensual. Add in the fact she was a teacher, a person who's assumed good character puts them as an authority of a children, and it's clear that it can't be shown the child actually consented rather than relinquished.

Comment

To quote South Park...nice

Comment

Originally posted by Bdub84 View Post
              The judge/the case took place in Britain; there wouldn't have been a crime committed in France, as the age of consent there is 15.

Opps , for some reason didn't read it well, thanks.
              sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
                ROFL, good one.
                Annoy a liberal use facts and logic

Liberalism, when hating America just isn't enough

Liberals, destroying freedom one Bill at a time

Obama the Change we can't afford

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
                  Wow! Really? Maybe if the partner(s) are themselves 15 or at least underage themselves. You really condone adults banging away at teenagers?
                  No i dont condone it nor understand the appeal of dating someone that young, teenagers get on my nervous now i couldnt imagine dating one, but i think we go overboard with the "mental damage" that these horny teenagers receive when it comes to sex.

When i was 15 and someone wanted to have sex with me i wasnt emotionally scard by it nor do i actually remember it very well. People base to much on what sex is and how it affects people, more so then it really does is all im saying.
                  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
                    .......niiiiceeee........

Comment

You know how these parents are finding out, doncha? Kid brags to his buddies, who tell another buddie, and eventually a parent finds out.

Geez, I thought I was hot stuff for making out with the girl across the street....I was 16, she was 18.....

Comment

there is a double standard though because I know when I was in high school a friend of mine I played football with had sex with his art teacher who was in her early twenties and he sure as heck didn't feel like a "victim". Heck, one of the most popular movies out in the 80's was "Risky Business" with Tom Cruise and it was about a teenage boy who got it on with a hot grown woman (rebecca demoray) who played a prostitute. Im not saying I condone it the other way around with males and female teachers...im just sayin...it was every youngmans fantasy. I guess guys just knew how to keep their mouths shut back then. Also remember the movie "weird science"
                        I know im a hyocrit though because any adult male teacher who touches my daughter is going to jail or the hospital or both. But if I had a 17year old son I can't say I wouldn't give him a high five and send a thank you card to the lady teacher. I guess that makes me bad? hahahaha.
                        Last edited by Nightshift va; 09-23-2009, 03:05 PM.
                        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Why didnt any of my teachers look like that????
                          Deputy Kent Mundell
                          Pierce County Sheriff
                          Dec 28th.
                          Gone but not forgotten...

Comment

I get the feeling from the story that Mom and Dad are more ****ed that their daughter is gay, then her having sex with the teacher.
                            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Sense0Purpose1 View Post

WTF?????

Where was that when I was in Jr. High?????

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5693 users online. 319 members and 5374 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X