X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMARINE
    replied
    Originally posted by OrlandoExp103 View Post
    Ya, my step dad was talking with a buddy that just got out of the Corp about a month or two ago that was an MP. When he went to sign up to continue his enlistment he was told he would have to go to infantry because they are replacing ALL of the MP's with civilian officers, with the topic of this thread being one of the reasons. A high ranking officer can't try to intimidate someone that's not anywhere in their chain of command.

How DAL explained just seems really inefficient, and sounds like it would tie a lot of people up and get everyone, up to and including the base commander, involved over one person or incident for notifications and approvals. That's a lot of trouble to go through when a regular civilian officer could just "cuff him and stuff him."
    True they are replacing all the base side MP's who are assigned to a PMO. This doesn't include the MP's assigned overseas. At least that's what was happening when I got out in 07

Leave a comment:

• Ro-Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by tank83 View Post
    Orlando, don't you have to go supervise your gate guards? And ccthompsfs, you must be in the guard because you make no sense at all. Guard card!
    This is why I HATE it when rank is given out so easily.

Go ask your QC section where our "arresting authority" comes from.

If I EVER heard one of mine telling someone, "Don't confuse your rank with my authority", they would get to hear one I like to use..."Don't confuse this crappy post as punishment". If you have to bust out that line, you need to work on your communication skills. I have never used it and I never will. From what I'm reading from you, I can just about guarantee you would not be on the road on my Flight and I can guarantee you would never go on a call alone.

And we apprehend Officers, but we'll give our Officers phone call as a heads up.

Leave a comment:

• tank83
    replied
    I said I was "overqualified" and as we all know not everyone can be this. I stated I said it in a joking manner since [I] deal with them all the time in the winter. I learn different tactics everyday dealing with different people. The reason I am on here is to learn from you guys, thats it! If I knew everything I wouldn't be on here. I admire you guys that is why I ask these questions but somehwere down the line they get turned around and I am bashed for them. I am not the only poster to get bashed.

As for me direspecting first please see the other two post above that one.
    Last edited by tank83; 09-22-2009, 07:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Mr. Bearcat357, but apparently they have a vendetta with me.
    Only because everyone answering you has been there/done that...and rolled their eyes at you when you said you were a the best at DUIs and DV..... As LEOs with 10-20 years in.....we learn everythign everyday...and know that no one call is the same.....

Please so me one post where I disrespected first and I will openly apologize.
    And ccthompsfs, you must be in the guard because you make no sense at all. Guard card!
    Hmmm.....

Leave a comment:

• tank83
    replied
    Mr. Bearcat357,
    If you have read all of my post you would you would realize I just ask simple questions and get smart *** response. I have nothing against these guys but apparently they have a vendetta with me. I do listen to people when they treat everyone with respect. Please so me one post where I disrespected first and I will openly apologize. By the way I'm a E-5. I already know ccthopsfs is an E-6.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied

Orlando, don't you have to go supervise your gate guards? And ccthompsfs, you must be in the guard because you make no sense at all. Guard card!
    Dude....grow up!

You do realize that CCThompsfs outranks your E-3/E-4 ***....? Would you mouth him in person? Nope....so show him the same respect on here.....

Further...do you not realize that folks that have been there/done that are trying to give you good advice and you are crapping them off...???

Once again....grow up....

Leave a comment:

• tank83
    replied
    Forgot to add our authority came from congress so the military can police their own, our direct authority comes from the UCMJ so we enforce laws, federal and state, on military and civilian personnel.

I think you may need to take some more of that St. John's Wart.

Leave a comment:

• tank83
    replied
    I already showed you were we get authority from. We get our direct authority to enforce the law on military and civilian personnel on military property.

We don't have flightline duty here.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Where did this post go wrong?

Actually I do not have to, its my day off. Plus my guards know their job and where they get the authority. It is obvious you do not. Go back to working the flightline.

Leave a comment:

• tank83
    replied
    Where did this post go wrong?

Leave a comment:

• ccthompsfs
    replied
    But hey Orlando he's a hot **** SF member. Who knows everything.

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    On 30 June 1775, the Second Continental Congress established 69 Articles of War to govern the conduct of the Continental Army.

Effective upon its ratification in 1789, Article I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution provided that Congress has the power to regulate the land and naval forces.[1] On 10 April 1806, the United States Congress enacted 101 Articles of War (which applied to both the Army and the Navy), which were not significantly revised until over a century later. The military justice system continued to operate under the Articles of War until 31 May 1951, when the Uniform Code of Military Justice went into effect.

The UCMJ was passed by Congress on 5 May 1950, signed into law by President Harry S. Truman, and became effective on 31 May 1951. The word Uniform in the Code's title refers to the congressional intent to make military justice uniform or consistent among the armed services.

You really need to go back to the jailhouse and reread your blue book. Along with AFI 31-201

Leave a comment:

• tank83
    replied
    On 30 June 1775, the Second Continental Congress established 69 Articles of War to govern the conduct of the Continental Army.

Effective upon its ratification in 1789, Article I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution provided that Congress has the power to regulate the land and naval forces.[1] On 10 April 1806, the United States Congress enacted 101 Articles of War (which applied to both the Army and the Navy), which were not significantly revised until over a century later. The military justice system continued to operate under the Articles of War until 31 May 1951, when the Uniform Code of Military Justice went into effect.

The UCMJ was passed by Congress on 5 May 1950, signed into law by President Harry S. Truman, and became effective on 31 May 1951. The word Uniform in the Code's title refers to the congressional intent to make military justice uniform or consistent among the armed services.

Leave a comment:

• ccthompsfs
    replied
    Actually Tank our authority to apprehend comes form article 7(B) of the UCMJ and rule 302(B) of the Rules for court martial. And it roughly states that whenever enlisted persons including police and security guards, and civilian police or security guards apprehend a commissioned or warrant officer they should immediately report to the commissioned officer to whom they are responsible to.

Any other enlisted person not acting in law enforcement capacity may apprehend a commissioned or warrant officer to prevent disgrace to the armed forces or upon a lawful order of a commissioned officer.

So therefore personnel acting a law enforcement capacity do not need to have permission from an officer to apprehend an officer. And acting in a law enforcement capacity we bear the full authority of the installation commander.

Leave a comment:

• tank83
    replied
    I always tell them "don't confuse your rank with my authority". Also, we get our arresting authority from congress. No one can tell us otherwise, of course there is always politics involved. Our old commander said we couldn't apprehend any officer. Our new commander says "take care of business". A lot of officers get butt hurt when they get tickets or are detained because they think they are god.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5034 users online. 295 members and 4739 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X