Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just joe
    replied
    Eric, I don't remember the point number that refers to confiscating food from civilians...You do realize that the Continental Army confiscated foodstuffs from civilians during the American War of Indepenence, don't you?

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    I think they are also saying that they would refuse to fight if a state secedes from the Union.

And I also think they are saying that they would refuse an order to disarm citizens because that is unconstitutional. But that is inconsistent with states rights, because if the rights of the states are superior to those of the federal government, then the states can disarm people, because the Second Amendment is federal, and therefore inferior to state law.

I think they have not thought things through very well.

Leave a comment:

• Dinosaur32
    replied
    From an old line NYPD officer......it's not necessary to wear the tinfoil hat inside your home, if you soread dried ground mustard seed arounthe doors and windows. Works just as well as tinfoil.

Leave a comment:

• Mrs. Hoppes
    replied
    Originally posted by DAL View Post
    There are multiple problems with the Oath Keepers position on disobeying unlawful orders.

How do you determine that an order is unlawful? The lawfulness of an order may depend on facts that you do not know. In war and in law enforcement, you may not have the time to cross-examine your superiors and probably will not be allowed to do so.

Refusing to make searches without a warrant means that you cannot properly perform your duties as police officer. In many situations warrants are not required, and taking the time to get one would cause the evidence to be lost.

Furthermore, chances are you are not equipped to make the legal decisions when the law if not absolutely clear.

I am looking at this site and going through the explanation of each of them and on warrantless searches, it clarifies as "sweeping" meaning going house to house to house to vehicle to vehicle to vehicle. Not just a house or a vehicle.

I am going through the rest of these now to read.

Leave a comment:

• mdrdep
    replied
    I like my chickens.

So I looked at the website. Uhm okay I agree with their 10 principals but I also think...........uhm let's see where did I put it........

Ahhhhh, yes here it is

Leave a comment:

• RoadKingTrooper
    replied
    Hey eric! Your Momma's calling............says to stay off the Internet until you you learn to respect your elders (and betters)

Idiot or Moron...........you decide!

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    There are multiple problems with the Oath Keepers position on disobeying unlawful orders.

How do you determine that an order is unlawful? The lawfulness of an order may depend on facts that you do not know. In war and in law enforcement, you may not have the time to cross-examine your superiors and probably will not be allowed to do so.

Refusing to make searches without a warrant means that you cannot properly perform your duties as police officer. In many situations warrants are not required, and taking the time to get one would cause the evidence to be lost.

Furthermore, chances are you are not equipped to make the legal decisions when the law if not absolutely clear.

Leave a comment:

• FJDave
    replied
    repost X-12,000,000,000,000

Did you sign up for this site just to spam us with the other site? Just wondering....

Leave a comment:

• eric1
    started a topic Obeying Unlawful Commands

Obeying Unlawful Commands

The following link is for law enforcement as well as military who are determined to uphold their oaths while at the same time are determined not to obey unlawful commands should that time arrive.

http://www.oathkeepers.org

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3218 users online. 185 members and 3033 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X