300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obeying Unlawful Commands

The following link is for law enforcement as well as military who are determined to uphold their oaths while at the same time are determined not to obey unlawful commands should that time arrive.

http://www.oathkeepers.org

repost X-12,000,000,000,000

Did you sign up for this site just to spam us with the other site? Just wondering....
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Smurfette
    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
    Originally posted by DAL
    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

There are multiple problems with the Oath Keepers position on disobeying unlawful orders.

How do you determine that an order is unlawful? The lawfulness of an order may depend on facts that you do not know. In war and in law enforcement, you may not have the time to cross-examine your superiors and probably will not be allowed to do so.

Refusing to make searches without a warrant means that you cannot properly perform your duties as police officer. In many situations warrants are not required, and taking the time to get one would cause the evidence to be lost.

Furthermore, chances are you are not equipped to make the legal decisions when the law if not absolutely clear.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Hey eric! Your Momma's calling............says to stay off the Internet until you you learn to respect your elders (and betters)

Idiot or Moron...........you decide!
        "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

I like my chickens.

So I looked at the website. Uhm okay I agree with their 10 principals but I also think...........uhm let's see where did I put it........

Ahhhhh, yes here it is

Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
            There are multiple problems with the Oath Keepers position on disobeying unlawful orders.

How do you determine that an order is unlawful? The lawfulness of an order may depend on facts that you do not know. In war and in law enforcement, you may not have the time to cross-examine your superiors and probably will not be allowed to do so.

Refusing to make searches without a warrant means that you cannot properly perform your duties as police officer. In many situations warrants are not required, and taking the time to get one would cause the evidence to be lost.

Furthermore, chances are you are not equipped to make the legal decisions when the law if not absolutely clear.

I am looking at this site and going through the explanation of each of them and on warrantless searches, it clarifies as "sweeping" meaning going house to house to house to vehicle to vehicle to vehicle. Not just a house or a vehicle.

I am going through the rest of these now to read.
            http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

From an old line NYPD officer......it's not necessary to wear the tinfoil hat inside your home, if you soread dried ground mustard seed arounthe doors and windows. Works just as well as tinfoil.

Comment

I think they are also saying that they would refuse to fight if a state secedes from the Union.

And I also think they are saying that they would refuse an order to disarm citizens because that is unconstitutional. But that is inconsistent with states rights, because if the rights of the states are superior to those of the federal government, then the states can disarm people, because the Second Amendment is federal, and therefore inferior to state law.

I think they have not thought things through very well.
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Eric, I don't remember the point number that refers to confiscating food from civilians...You do realize that the Continental Army confiscated foodstuffs from civilians during the American War of Indepenence, don't you?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3393 users online. 226 members and 3167 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X