Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Sniper Muhammad Execution Date Set

From: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/loca...ution_date_set

A Virginia judge on Wednesday set a Nov. 10 execution date for John Allen Muhammad, mastermind of the 2002 sniper attacks in the Washington, D.C., area that left 10 dead.

The attorney general's office last week requested that the execution be on Nov. 9, but Prince William County Circuit Judge Mary Grace O'Brien chose a day later. The date, which falls on a Tuesday, was picked so courts would be open the day before in case they have to take up last-minute appeals, said Jonathan Sheldon, Muhammad's attorney.

The date was picked during an early morning conference call with the judge, the attorney general's office and Sheldon.

Sheldon said Muhammad will appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court and ask Gov. Timothy M. Kaine for clemency.

Muhammad was sentenced to death for the slaying of Dean Meyers, who was shot at a Manassas gas station during a three-week killing spree in October 2002 that left 10 dead in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.

They were also suspected of shootings in several other states, including a killing in Louisiana and another in Alabama.

His teenage accomplice, Lee Boyd Malvo, is serving life in prison for the shooting spree.

Last month a federal appeals court rejected Muhammad's argument that prosecutors withheld critical evidence and that Muhammad never should have been allowed to act as his own attorney for a portion of his trial because he was too mentally impaired.

The attorney general's office declined to comment Wednesday.

They said today that he can choose between the electric chair (AKA "Old Sparky") and lethal injection. Okay, but wouldn't justice be better served if he met his demise via a firing squad?

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." -- Lord Acton

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Gas chamber is more painful Ive read. How about some stoning!
      “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.”

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

Comment

I'm just glad that it's all going to be over soon. I was in middle school during the shootings. The first shootings that morning occured less than a mile from my home and school. I was scared out of my mind, let alone my mother and grandmother, who worried about me walking home everyday. One of the victims was my best friends uncle.

However he gets it it is deserved.
        COMPLACENCY KILLS COPS.

Sean Taylor - 21 - Never Forget

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

Comment

Originally posted by toto80 View Post
          Gas chamber is more painful Ive read. How about some stoning!
          how does someone go about finding this out? Almost kill someone doin it and ask them to take a survey about it?

Comment

Great. What a way to celebrate the Marine Corps Birthday!
            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapc...kes/index.html
              Last edited by Nobody; 10-08-2009, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I almost forgot about this case, seems like it happend long ago..well what goes around comes around, thanks for playing.

Comment

I remember I was in the DC area and we ended up getting vest checks by the Lts. during that time.
                  I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I was in DC and assigned to the multi-agency task force that were looking for him and his punk companion.

I remember that when I picked up my son from child care, I shielded my body over his as I walked him to the car. People were justifiably terrified. Senseless killings.

I hope that ****er rots in hell.
                    I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

I love how swift and efficient the federal courts are....none of this 15+ years on death row.
                      Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Given his name, I would say that stoning is appropriate. However, I am sure it would be held to be "cruel and unusual" (as well as not authorized by statute).
                        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared View Post
                          I love how swift and efficient the federal courts are....none of this 15+ years on death row.
                          They may be swift, but he was convicted in Virginia state court. I anticipate more appeals and habeas petitions.
                          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by willowdared View Post
                            +a billion...
                            sigpic

Comment

Good, No more wasting tax money to feed him.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6244 users online. 343 members and 5901 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X