Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police wannabe with red light stops the mayor

He probably was studying criminal justice at the local community college
    These wannabes rolling around really annoy me.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...nt-traffi.html
    Bilde Police say a Louisiana motorist impersonating an officer used a flashing red light to pull over a car for an apparent traffic stop until he realized that the driver was the mayor of the city, The Shreveport Times reports.

When the phony cop sped off, Mayor Cedric Glover followed and called police, who arrested 21-year-old Daniel Niederhelman on a charge of impersonating a peace officer.

Niederhelman told the real officers that he was a volunteer fireman in a neighboring parish. Police, in turn, seized his little red light and a handgun from his holster, the paper says.

Authorities say Niederhelman works for a private security company, but wasn’t authorized to use the light.
    Those who believe, ye shall receive.

I am so tired of these idiots, making private security bad.

I promise we aren't all crazy.... well ok, we are probably all crazy, but, we aren't all wannabe cops.

Comment

Unless there's two Daniel Niederwhatevers in Shreveport, looks like he's a ROTC-nazi or actually in the Army (reserves/guard). What is wrong with people?

http://www.facebook.com/people/Daniel-Niederhelman/1842044615

Comment

Future post on O.com shall read... "Uh so I stopped the Mayor of my city with a red light because he uhh had a "flat tire" yeah that's it... They charged me with impersonating an officer... Can I still be a cop?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier_Boy View Post
          Future post on O.com shall read... "Uh so I stopped the Mayor of my city with a red light because he uhh had a "flat tire" yeah that's it... They charged me with impersonating an officer... Can I still be a cop?"
          One on every thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier_Boy View Post
            I don't see what's wrong with that. When I'm driving around town in my retired CVPI with my Fraternal Order of Police decal and raincoat hung up in the back window I always activate my lights to warn other motorists of the roadside when I am helping the mayor with a flat tire.
            "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”

— John Stuart Mill

Comment

Originally posted by UglyMug21B View Post
              Unless there's two Daniel Niederwhatevers in Shreveport, looks like he's a ROTC-nazi or actually in the Army (reserves/guard). What is wrong with people?

http://www.facebook.com/people/Daniel-Niederhelman/1842044615
              Same guy, but what the hell is ROTC-nazi supposed to mean? Being in the military makes you a NAZI?
              "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Looks like he was wearing some kind of uniform style shirt too

"You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Yep, hes US Army.. nice way to make the Army look good, I know they HATE when they've got a soldier pulled over in uniform.

Anyone dare me to ask him how jail is on facebook?

Comment

So he is an army reservist, volunteer fireman, and works for a private security company. Hell if he hadn't been arrested, his resume wouldn't be that bad
                    Those who believe, ye shall receive.

Comment

Originally posted by JayhawkFan View Post
                      So he is an army reservist, volunteer fireman, and works for a private security company. Hell if he hadn't been arrested, his resume wouldn't be that bad

haha true!

Futurelaw89

Comment

Originally posted by JayhawkFan View Post
                        He probably was studying criminal justice at the local community college

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...nt-traffi.html
                        So what you're saying is that a person enrolled in college, whether community or otherwise, getting their degree in order to become a LEO annoy you? So before you became a LEO you were considered a "wannabe"? Am I incorrect? You wanted to be a LEO, right? So how did your holier than thou butt get to where you're at today?

My degree of respect for you just dropped a few notches.
                        Sworn on September 22, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by yellowreef View Post
                          Same guy, but what the hell is ROTC-nazi supposed to mean? Being in the military makes you a NAZI?
                          Hey sorry for the confusion yellowreef. I'm actually in the Reserves myself - that's just a little jab I like to give the rotc guys here at my university. It's not meant to be taken literally. I appreciate everyone who has signed the line and is serving or about to serve. Not everyone in ROTC has signed that line though, and listening to those who haven't tell me they're in the Army gets on my nerves a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by AlmostaLEO View Post
                            So what you're saying is that a person enrolled in college, whether community or otherwise, getting their degree in order to become a LEO annoy you? So before you became a LEO you were considered a "wannabe"? Am I incorrect? You wanted to be a LEO, right? So how did your holier than thou butt get to where you're at today?

My degree of respect for you just dropped a few notches.
                            Here you go. Here's the can can of worms you opened up

I'm sure Jay didn't mean anything by it. Its just normally wannabe cops who drive around with fake lights/uniforms are either CJ students or an overzealous security guard.

And if you read his post more closely, people studying CJ don't annoy him. Its the wannabes (who drive around with fake lights)

"Wannabe" really has a negative connotation and that's why I'm assuming he used it. You and me on the other hand, would most likely be under the "Future LEO or LEO hopeful" category.

Just my two cents to try and mediate the situation.

Proud to go by the name,
                            Futurelaw89

Comment

yes this is a DQ. NO you probably won't get into the academy. NO you can't have your light back

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4733 users online. 284 members and 4449 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X